#30: Protective- RomanxShea

The atmosphere in Bridgestone was electric. Fans were cheering as they watched Shea Weber and Steven Stamkos throw punches at each other. Roman Josi, Shea's partner, was slowly making his way to the bench, wincing as he sat down next to Filip. He didn't even know what he did to anger the dude. Roman was simply trying to keep him from getting the puck, and the next thing he knew, Steven was pushing and shoving him into the glass.
He tried to coax him into a fight by trash talking/insulting him.

"What's wrong? You scared? You need your boyfriend to come to do it for you?"

"Do you understand what I'm saying asshole? Or can you not speak English? I don't think you can because you're from like Italy or something."

It took all the self control in Roman not to beat him senseless. He didn't want to risk giving the Preds a disadvantage nor give the Bolts a power play, so he just glared at Steven and kept his mouth shut. The referee finally intervened before Steven could do anything, pulling Roman away from him. Shea had been watching this scene unfold as he was grabbing another stick, and he was beyond furious. No one talks to his boyfriend like that. No one.
He skated right over to Steven and started trash talking him. They exchanged some insults before engaging in a scrap.
"That's the ninth time that its happened this week." James remarked.  "I wonder why he's doing it." "Oh we all know it's because of Roman." Roman felt his cheeks heat up as he watched the referee break the two captains up from their little scrap.
As Shea made his way to the penalty box, he winked at Roman, causing the Swiss to blush profusely.
_______________________________

Roman felt a tap on his shoulder as he was getting ready for the second period of the game

Roman felt a tap on his shoulder as he was getting ready for the second period of the game. He turned and saw Shea looking at him with a lazy smile stretched across his lips. It was enough to make the Swiss's heart beat like crazy. "Why did you fight Stamkos? You didn't have to do that you know. Fisher could've taken him."
Shea let out a low, throaty chuckle that made him shiver. "You just don't get it do you?" "Roman, I did that because I wanted to protect you. You're my boyfriend after all, I can't bear to see you get hurt by that asshole, or really anyone.I don't want my partner to get sidelined. Besides, I don't mind taking a penalty or two. Gives me two minutes to see how good you look in your gear." Roman felt his cheeks heat up for what seemed like the millionth time that night. "Well thank you for protecting me." "No prob. And one more thing before we go kick Lightning butt: I'm always going to be protective of you. You're too beautiful to get hurt." Shea leaned over and planted a quick kiss on Roman's cheek before standing up and leaving the room.

A/N: AAHHH I'M SO SAD:( SHEA GOT TRADED!! This sucks to see him go, but P.K will be a great edition to the team.
R.I.P Weberosi.

I'm gonna go cry now. Bye.

Thanks to DaughterOfTheSeaYG  for requesting this! You're the best👍🏼!

Oh and enjoy the pic of my OTP hugging that I stuck above. 👆🏽

- Allie 😭