Chapter 6

Kalani being the good girl she is, told her parents about the threat straight away. "Well, honey, it could just be a little prank?" Kalani shook her head, she was in shock. "No, t-this is r-real. B-but who?" She cried.

Her dad looked at the piece of paper and squinted. "Well, if we find out who's handwriting it is, then we will know," he said. Kalani slowly nodded her head. "That c-could work," she sniffed.

"Alright, can you please go get ready for bed?" Kalani nodded started to walk up the stairs. "If this is true, I wouldn't recommend saying anything, literally," her mom said.

Kalani walked into her bedroom and froze at the sight of the pictures. She immediately picked them up and put them in her rubbish bin, then brushed her teeth. She overheard her parents and they sounded very distressed. "Someone is out to get our daughter and I c-can't do anything-" her mother was cut off by her own sobs.

Kalani had a restless sleep that night, afraid someone would kill her during her sleep. And that's how she slept for the rest of the week.

***

After peering at people's books to try to see their handwriting, Kalani had had enough. People, including teachers, yelled at her for they mistaken her for cheating.

"What the hell Kalani?"

"Is the smart one dumb now?"

"Is that a pair of wandering eyes, Kalani?" Miss Frazier asked raising her eyebrows. "N-no! I was just looking at, uh, Jordan's notes for I was away when we did that and I didn't want to trouble you-" Kalani rambled. She stopped as she saw her teacher writing out a principal slip.

Kalani felt light headed. How will I explain this to mom and dad? If only I could tell her the real reason, she thought.

"We wrote those notes earlier today, Miss Hilliker. Why don't you go explain your behaviour to Miss Miller so I can teach my class?" Kalani put her book, pencil case and water bottle in her bag. She slowly walked past the gossiping students to Miss Fraizer's desk. She grabbed the note and walked out of her class. She had never wanted to learn geography more than ever.

***

Kalani sat outside the principals office in one of those uncomfortable chairs. Students had walked past and took a double glance. Kalani had looked down at herself self consciously more than countless times. It felt like forever before the principal let her in.

"Hello Kalani, how are- oh, please come in," Miss Miller noticed the principal slip and her smile turned into a firm, straight line. Kalani slumped in and sat down in a more comfier chair.

She felt small in the big chair and looked around the office. There were many awards, pictures and a pile of O.O.C (out of class) slips. Kalani handed her the slip and Miss Miller pulled out her glasses.

She inspected the slip and then put it down. She took off her glasses and looked at Kalani. "Do you have a reason for this kind of behaviour?" Kalani decided to defend herself and pulled out the threat she had gotten a week ago.

"Someone sent me this threat and I thought that it might be someone at school. So I-" Miss Miller interrupted. "Tried to find out who's handwriting it is, I see," Kalani nodded. "Exactly," Miss Miller looked at the note and squinted.

"Well, if you get another one, you must tell me immediately," she said standing up and opening the door. "The bell is about to go so I will let you go early. I will discuss the situation with Miss Fraizer and all will be well," she smiled comfortably.

The shrill bell rung and students raced out of their classrooms to go home. "Do you think this is true?" Kalani said looking worried. Miss Miller just gave her a sad smile. Kalani drew in a sharp breath for she knew her life was going to end in a matter of words.

***

Kalani closed the door rather loudly to indicate she was home. "Hi honey! Was school thumbs up or down," her parents were making her do hand gestures and even learn sign language. Kalani shook her hand to indicate alright.

"Homework," she said and went upstairs. She went straight into her algebra homework. "Hi Brandon! Kalani's a little quiet at the moment so please don't pressure her with difficult questions," that was her moms way of telling Brandon not to talk to her. And Kalani didn't want to talk to him. Especially after what had happened last week... Kalani grimaced at the memory.

Brandon walked into her room and sat on her bed. "I wanted to talk about what happened last week," he said and Kalani could see him through her vanity mirror looking at her.

"I just wanted to tell you that I liked it," he smirked but stopped when he realised he was probably annoying her. He cleared his throat and continued.

"I understand if you don't want to talk to me. I mean, I wouldn't either but I just have a favour," Kalani rolled her eyes and turned around. "What?" She snapped.

"Looks like it's someone's time of the month," he mumbled earning another glare. "Well, have you heard of the Gala ball at school? My mom thinks I have a girlfriend and she wants me to take my 'girlfriend' to the ball. And I was wondering if you could act like my girlfriend and go to the ball with me? You don't have to but I thought it would be fun-" Kalani interrupted him. "Sure. I need a break. But no kissing," she said sternly. "None at all," he promised.

"By the way, it's on the 10 of October, two weeks away." And with that, he left. Kalani continued with her homework until completing it.

She turned around to put her books in her bag but was greeted by a figure in all black standing near her window in her room. Kalani screamed and dropped her books. She broke down into tears and started yelling at the figure asking him why he chose her.

Kalani couldn't take the silence and ran over to take the mask off. Her hands shook and finally, she grabbed it off and finally she looked up to see a cardboard cut out of Jacyee Wilkins face. Kalani screamed again with the only clue being the persons icy blue eyes.

A robotic voice sounded through the room which covered up their voice. "You've been a very naughty girl Kalani, telling on me like that. I'm surprised you didn't tell your little boy toy Brandon. You two seem pretty close," the figure laughed.

"Oh and since Jacyee is dead and no one has given you your drugs in a while, I decided to deliver them personally," Kalani had to sit down on her chair and grab her waterbottle. "You need to pills before you swallow the water. I thought you were smarter than that," Kalani glared this time as the figure threw a yellow bottle at her. She caught it and sadly saw drugs that she used to take.

A piece of paper fell out of the figures pocket and they picked it up and held their hand out to Kalani. "I typed it this time for I was afraid you'd find my cover. Well, are you gonna take it?" Kalani was still shaking as she grabbed the piece of paper from the figures hand.

She felt like a child playing the game 'smell the cheese' when you'd form your hand in a fist and punch the other person in the face. She waited for the punch but didn't feel anything.

761 words, then you're gone. Why don't you take those pills? I won't count that ;)

Kalani looked up and met the punch she'd been looking for. She felt nails inside of those gloves, fake nails,she was sure of it. So unless it was a drag queen, the figure had to be a girl. She was puzzled as darkness enveloped her.

{This is quite a long chapter. But anyways I'm on holidays and I'm in a writing mood so I might even write the next two chapters! And if you're wondering about my updating schedule I usually update when the chapter gets ten or more reads and two or more votes. So yeah, please vote, comment and share! Love you all xx}