Chapter 17

---Jessica POV

I peeped through the bars on the first staircase to see Alex sitting in the couch with her work glasses on, typing away at her Mac. I take a deep breath and fold the magazine up, then hide it behind my back as I approach her.

“Hey babe,” she adjusts her glasses and give me a half smirk, half smile then pulls me into her lap.

“What’s this?” she asks noticing the magazine I was trying to hide.

“It was in the box of stuff that your dad mailed over yesterday.” I begin, “Before you get mad, I must say it’s really actually cute. Invasive, but cute.”

She takes it from me and scans the pages, a deep frown planted on her cute little face.

“Why are they even following us? I’m not that big of a deal in California am I?” she seemed genuinely intrigued. I shrug and run a hand through her platinum blonde curls.

“Your grandfather was a big deal here and your father owns a lot of buildings in California Alex.” Inside the business magazine were four photos of us. One at the wedding and also at the reception; then when we ran out to the mall a few days ago. Alex was wearing one of her sweatpants and she managed to convince me to wear one of the sweats she bought me, and a t-shirt. We were really bumming out that day but had a good time nevertheless.

I start giggling at the picture. My hair was pulled up into a messy bun and I was looking up at Alex with so much adoration and love. I don’t know why but ever since the incident with Alison, Alex hasn’t been too keen on having her picture taken. I glanced sideways at her and could see her rolling her eyes and mumbling down at the work binder.

“Don’t be such a grump Alex,” I say while pinching her cheeks. She pouts and places the binder fully on the table to pull me closer. I place my legs to either side so that I was saddling her.

“Am I really grumpy?” she asked with her bottom lip still poking out.

I fisted her shirt and pulled her lips to mine. “Yes, but it’s really cute.”  She smirks into the kiss, wrapping her arms around my waist to pull me even closer. I was so into the kiss that I didn’t even realize that I was grinding on her leg all through it. That is—until she groaned and pulled away with her eyes full of lust.

“You don’t know what you’re doing to me.” She whispers into my neck, causing a shiver to run down my spine. I was getting all excited, but sighed and leaned back into the leather couch.

“We should go out to lunch.” I frown at her. This was the second time she pulled away from me when things were getting heated and I’m not sure what to think of it.

“What’s wrong Alex?” She shrugs,

“Nothing, I just offered to take you out to lunch.”

“Okay.” I get off her lap and make my way to the lift and take it to the third floor of the house. I don’t even understand why she’s trying to restrain herself. We’re on our honeymoon. Honeymoons were made for sex. I sigh and pull on my jean shorts and a white tank top, then pulled my dark hair into a ponytail before heading back downstairs.

Alex was already standing by the door shoving her feet into her sneakers. “You okay?” she asked as I was walking past her.

“Just fine,” I said sarcastically. I could hear her sighing behind me as we got into the car.

She took us to a nearby diner for lunch and I liked it. The place wasn’t old, it was just decorated that way. The walls were painted a bland color but it was comfortable. Thinking about the diner had my mind going back to New York where my own restaurant was awaiting my arrival for the grand opening.