Chapter 12: What are we?

Vernon's p.o.v.

I woke up with Seungkwan in my arms.

I remember that at some point during the night Seungkwan climbed over to sleep with me.

I was laying on my back and Seungkwan had his head rested on my chest.

It's like we're a couple but, we aren't.

Maybe I can talk to him today but I don't think me and him will be dating anytime soon.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling.

"You're awake?" Seungkwan asked, sounding kind of groggy.

"Yeah, I just woke up." I said, my voice also sounding a bit ruff.

Seungkwan hummed and snuggled into my side more. "You're morning voice is hot."

"Glad you like it." I said.

It was just now that I realized that I had my arm around Seungkwan and my hand resting on his waist.

I started moving my hand away but stopped when Seungkwan spoke.

"Leave it there." He said.

"Seungkwan, we not-" I got cut off.

"Yes, I know we aren't dating but please, just for now." He said. "It comforts me."

I sighed and put my hand back where it had originally been.

"Promotions are done now." Seungkwan stated as we laid there.

"You know, trying to make conversation isn't going to make this any less awkward." I said.

"Why is it awkward?" Seungkwan asked, slightly looking up at me.

"We aren't actually dating Seungkwan." I told him. "I really like you Seungkwan and it's hard for me to being like this with you when I know there nothing happening between us."

"I guess you're right." Seungkwan said and started sitting up. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry." I said and grabbed his wrist before he could climb down. "I understand you've been through a lot and don't feel completely comfortable being with me."

"I'm still sorry." Seungkwan said. "I should have realized that this would be hard for you."

"I didn't want you to feel bad Seungkwan." I said. "I was hoping you would realize that we can't act like this when we aren't actually dating."

"Why not though?" Seungkwan asked.

"Why not?" I asked, surpised. "Seungkwan, you don't want to date because of everything that happened with Dokyum hyung. You said it wouldn't be right so why would it be okay to act like a couple when he's not around. I think that's worse then not dating at all."

"I-I guess your right." Seungkwan stuttered.

"What's wrong?" I asked sitting up and moving towards him.

"Nothing." Seungkwan said, shaking his head as he did.

"It's something." I said. "Seungkwan, I may be an airhead but I'm not completely dumb."

"I just, don't want to talk about it." Seungkwan said and began climbing off the bed. "That's all."

I sighed and laid back on the bed, thinking about what could be on Seungkwan's mind.

It's definitely something to do with this whole crappy situation but what?

I know he feels bad for Dk and everything but that can't be it.