Fifteen- Threats

A.N. **Important** By the way this chapter starts a little bit before the previous chapter, just so you don't get confused.

Also I just wanted to say thanks for 1k reads! I know that's not a lot to some but it's kinda big for my first fic.

Will's POV-

I smiled as Nico and I wandered through the palace garden, our hands linked in between us. The twilight sky twinkled with stars, and I couldn't be happier.

I lead Nico to my favorite place in the garden, a somewhat hidden courtyard with beautiful flowers and vines lining the sides. There was a single bench in the middle of the courtyard, and all around it flowers bloomed.

Nico wandered over to the bench and I followed close behind. His dark hair blew in the soft breeze.

We sat down on the bench, cuddling close together, as the breeze made it quite chilly.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while until out of the blue Nico spoke up, "I love you." He said sleepily.

My heart swelled, "Nico, I love you more than anything I have ever known." He sighed happily and nuzzles into my chest. I laughed, "We should probably get you to bed though." He just nodded slowly as I swept him up bridal style and carried him off to his room.

I left him on his soft bed a sticker him in, kissing his forehead softy before I left.

"Night Will." He said as I closed the door.

"Goodnight my love."

I never wanted this to end.

I quickly made my way back to my room, but when I opened the door I saw none other than lord Hades standing by my desk, observing a picture of my mother I had kept there since she passed.

"Ah, William, nice of you to join me," He Said.

"L-lord Hades what are you doing here?"

"Where have you been?" He questioned, ignoring my question completely.

"In t-the garden."

"Was Nico with you by any chance."

"Uh n-no, I don't know w-where he is,"

"You know it really is not wise to lie to me boy."

"I didn't-" I stopped myself and looked down at my feet, knowing that I had been caught.

"This must stop William. You are to marry Bianca!"

"But I don't want to, I love Nico!"

Hades stared, shocked, "Well, this has gone even farther that I had thought. William, I am going to tell Nico that we are leaving, and you can't stop me, I will take my son away, but he will not cooperate, unless you help me. Break his heart."

"Never," I hissed.

"Well, see if you don't than somehow news of your little relationship will spread. The kingdom will be in outrage and I will have no choice but to cast Nico into the streets, where no one will help him, give him shelter or food. So, if you don't want Nico to lay starved in the streets for the rest of his life, break. His. Heart."

A silent tear rolled down my face as I contemplated the situation. I could never cause Nico so much pain, but both options seemed cruel, but I knew what I had to do.

Hades just smiled, "If you'll excuse me, I have to go meet with my son."

I pulled myself together and walked to Nico's room, bracing myself for what I was about to do.

When I opened the door I saw Nico getting ready to meet with Hades, I couldn't do it. I wasn't gonna break his heart, no matter what Hades threatened.

"Hey cutie," I said, walking over to him and giving him a hug in order to hide my tears."

"Hey will, sorry to cut this cuddle session short, unfortunately I have a meeting with my father."

Don't go! Just run away with me! I wanted to cry out. We can steal a horse and leave this country behind! I wish I had just said it, but instead I played along with Hades and his plan. "So late?" I acted surprised.

"Sorry Solace, I'll only be a minute, you can wait here if you want."

"Okay," I said as I sat on his soft bed. He giggled as he left, his cute little giggle that I would probably never hear again, because I was going to break my one true love's heart. I couldn't hav him cast out, I couldn't have him starve in the street, I couldn't have that be my fault.

A few minutes he came back in, tears in his eyes, I instantly felt horrible for what I was about to do.

"Nico? What's wrong sweetie?" I hugged him for the last time.

"My father knows, I think. He says I have to leave. I probably won't ever see you again."

I hugged him tight, knowing after my next few words he would never want to be net me again.

"Good." The word tasted like acid in my mouth.

"What?" Nico sniffled, pulling away and taking a step back.

"Good, I uh... Came her to break this off. It's gotten way out of hand. Not a huge loss though, never really liked you anyway.

"Get out," Nico closed his eyes tight and I walked out the door, closing it behind me.

I put my hand on the door and whispered three words to my soul mate for the last time, "I love you."

Than I walked swiftly to my room, as my tears cascaded down my face like a water fall. I replayed the situation hundreds of times in my mind, finding every possible solution that did not end this way. I shouldn't have let him go see Hades, even after I did we should have just run away then and there. We should have never gone to the garden that night, or none of this would have ever happened.

A.N. And there you go, the longest and most sad chapter I have ever written, with over 1k words and a 7/10 on the official (very real) depressing scale of fanfics that I just made up. See ya!😘

P.S. Sorry it been a while by the way, I've been on vacation for the past week or so.