xix

Plane Talks

6:30 AMAtlantic Ocean

6:30 AM
Atlantic Ocean.

Eleanor starts to write down what happened during these days. Explaining how she feels, who did she meet, what did she do and where she has gone to. She looks out of the window watching at how the sun is starting to appear. She smiles at the view. She is truly thankful for Erik appearing at her door that day. Yes, she has made some people suffer. But they were bad people, and she knows she is not good nor a hero. Another thing she feels thankful for is Charles saving her life. Destiny is an interesting thing. Now she actually has something to do, she doesn't need to force herself to do something. Charles stands up and sits next to her. She turns to look at him, still smiling. He frowns with a smile.

"What are you so happy about?" He asks curiously. She shrugs.

"I don't know... I guess I found a way again" She replies "I mean, Erik and I have been together for three years now but I had only one purpose: finding Shaw. Now, I don't have to worry about what happens next because I have choices, don't it?"

"Why do you hate Shaw so much?" He asks. She looks down, shrugging. She doesn't want to tell him now, maybe some other time she'll tell him her story, but for now it is better if he doesn't know anything. Although, she is not going to block him now. She wants to test him. He notices this and frowns at her.

"I want to trust in you" She replies looking at him now "And I want to know if you trust me" He stares at her and nods with a smile.

"Of course I do" He replies smiling "I can promise you, I won't get inside your head, unless it is an emergency" He murmurs looking at her seriously and honestly. She smiles appreciating his words.

"Thank you" She says. Charles turns to look at his hands and sighs.

"I want you to see that I trust you and I'm going to tell you something, I never told anyone" He admits. Eleanor frowns.

"Charles, you don't have to-"

"I want to" He says turning to look at her. She gives him the smallest smile and lets him continue "You know, I got my powers when I was ten, and I thought I was going crazy... By 12 I realized I wasn't creating those voices, that they weren't inside of my head. They were from the outside, from people's minds"

"You were alone in this..." She whispers looking at Charles with sadness and curiosity. He nods slowly and smiles through a sigh.

"I was until I found and kind of, adopted Raven. I needed someone to be by my side. My father died when I was 9, he was really intelligent and my mother, Sharon, became really depressed after his death. Years later, she married this guy, Kurt Marko, and he was a terrible human being. He truly was. That's when I found Raven" His face when talking about Kurt is filled with fear, the most terrible form of fear.

"Did he hit you or abuse you?" She asks worried for Charles. He nods slightly and looks at her. He sees her feeling his pain, he knows she is really sad at his past.

"Anyways, I have to ask you something" Charles changes the subject pouring a drink in a glass. He looks at Eleanor and she nods trying to let that pain go "Eleanor, you know Erik"

"Unfortunately, I do" She replies with a smile, taking her glass and sipping from it.

"I need to know if you can keep him calmed and under control, if he loses himself" He murmurs.

"Erik is sort of the only family I've got left, and if there is someone who can change his mind" She says quickly "That's me"

"Then that is going to be your assignment" Charles tells her with a nice smile. She frowns at him.

"I want to kick some ass too" She comments with a smirk. Her smile soon fades and she starts to think about Russia. God knows what waits for them in Russia. She wants to see Shaw and make him suffer. But she also wants to see Emma, ask her why and tell her the truth. And the truth is her betrayal affected her a lot. Everyone in her life was gone in an instant. Shaw killed them. Emma stood beside him. All because she didn't want to join them.

Charles, on the other hand, is tempted to read her mind. He notices she is overthinking things and that is not beneficial for her. He would like to change the subject and make her smile again, but she probably doesn't need words now. He decides to put his arm around her shoulder. She, unexpectedly, and slowly rests his head on his shoulder.

"Are you still mad at Raven?" She asks "I promised her I would speak with you" She adds explaining the sudden question.

"I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed" He admits frowning and having a sip from his drink "I thought she could behave like the young woman she is instead of behaving like a child"

"She was just having fun, Charles"

"There are other ways of having fun rather than being reckless and childish" Eleanor sighs and looks at him.

"That must be the stupidest thing you've probably said in your life" She comments with an amused smile. Charles scoffs and rolls his eyes looking away "Charles, she was just trying to enjoy the time she was spending with her new friends, pretty sure that's legal"

"Yes, I get that and I completely understand her position, I really do" He responds looking at the woman "But it was my reputation too, I trusted them and that is the behavior they show"

"Ah, so that's what this is all about" She murmurs. He doesn't answer.

"I guess it's stupid when you say it out loud" He comments scoffing. Eleanor nods with a smile "I was awful to Raven, wasn't I?" She nods again.

"But she just wants you to be supportive, if she does something wrong, she wants you to be there for her and tell her she has to be wiser next time" She explains "I'm not saying what they did was right, I'm just saying it has justification. Do you get what I mean?"

"Yes, I get it" She murmurs looking out of the window "I am terribly sorry for reacting that way"

"Good" Eleanor says with a smile "When we get back to Virginia, make sure to give Raven a tight and loving hug" Charles looks at her and nods.

"Thank you, Eleanor" He says softly with a nice smile. She shrugs and smiles too.