Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The past

After watching the tapes Finn and I made our way down stairs. Pete was watching ESPN highlights in the sun room with his nurse.

"Thank you, Viv," Finn whispered gripping my hand tightly.

"Did you guys get the tape?" Pete asked.

"Tanner mentioned that he would look for it..." I said quietly. I hated lying to my brother...

"How is he? How is Tanner?" Pete asked making eye contact with me. Then I followed his stare to Finn. More specifically Finn's bloody bruised hand.

"He's fine," Finn said gripping his knuckles.

"I see..." Pete said turning back to the television.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I walked over and opened the door. My heart dropped when I saw the two girls standing in front of me. One was Peyton Seeburg, Pete's ex-girlfriend. The other was Minnie Smith, Finn's ex-girlfriend. What were they doing here?

"Hi, can we see Pete please?" Peyton asked.

"No," I hissed. Peyton broke Pete's heart about a month before his accident. She was cheating on him their whole relationship. I didn't want this bitch anywhere near my brother.

"Please," Minnie whispered, "Is Finn here?"

"Minnie," I heard Finn whisper from behind me, "What are you doing here?"

"I thought we could talk..." she said. I felt tears swelling up in my eyes. Finn and I were getting so close. I felt like he was developing feelings for me...This wasn't fair.

"No, sorry, no visitors at the moment," I said shutting the door. But Finn pulled it back.

"Sure, let's talk," he said walking out onto the front porch with the two girls. He shut the door behind him, leaving me alone. What was happening?! Did she want to get back together with him?! Finn told me over the summer he didn't love her anymore, why would he want to talk to her?!

"Who was it?" Pete asked.

"Um, just the UPS man," I lied again. Why have I began to lie to my brother? Just because he is paralyzed doesn't mean he isn't a person too?

Suddenly Finn walked back into the house. His face had a smile upon it. I looked at him, very confused, but he didn't look at me. Instead he walked over to Pete and watched TV with him.

What was going on?! Why was Finn acting so strange?! Were him and Minnie back together?! Why...why did this happen to me?