Chapter 3: Pain Of Rejection

I wake the next morning to the bright sunlight seeping though my window and Cole sleeping soundly next to me. I snuggle up to him and feel the sparks ignite between us. I wonder if Mom felt this between her and Dad. I would guess so.

I hear a soft yawn, alerting me that Cole is awake. He stretches and I get up off his chest so he can have some room. He gets up off the bed and pulls on his boxers before walking into my bathroom. Okay then. No 'Good Morning'? I sigh and stand up as well and throwing on my undergarments and putting on some sweatpants and a tank top as Cole exits the bathroom and throws on his clothes before facing me.

"Okay, let's get this over with, I have things to do and people to see." he starts. Get what over with?

"I, Cole Greystone, reject you, Morgan Mayor, as my mate."

As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my whole world, shatter into a million pieces.

He left the room without a second glance, and I watched his back as he retreated, and wiped away the stray tears. Why would the person, who I was destined to be with forever, do that to me?

I lay down on my bed as I feel my insides unravel and break into millions and millions of pieces. I lay my head on my soft pillow and start crying until it turns into full out sobbing. Last night was so wonderful, why did he reject me? Am I not pretty enough? Or not a good kisser? Or, what if I'm not good in bed!

I lay there for a long time just crying and crying. I momentarily forget about everything. How am I supposed to face him at school? What am I gonna do?

I stay there until I hear my phone ping and I pick it up with shaky hands. I look to see 5 messages.

11:17
Hey Girl. Wanna hang 2day? What happened 2 u last night?
Emmy💁

11:52
Hey, plz text back. Getting lonely!😘
Emmy💁

12:41
U still alive over there?
Emmy💁

1:03
Hey Honey, just wanted 2 check up on you. Feeling okay? Already talked to Logan, he's having a blast! Miss you so much! Text me soon!
Mama👑💖

1:18
Okay Morgan Anna Lynn Mayor, if you don't respond soon, I will come to your house and break down your door if I must!👿👊
Emmy💁

The last one was 15 minutes ago, so she's probably almost here. Emily is impatient. Very impatient. I force myself out of bed and down stairs, which is very messy. I pick up a few things before going to the kitchen and grabbing a cookie from the cabinet.

I hear the front door open soon after I finish my cookie.

"Morgan Anna Lynn Mayor! Where the h**l are you!" Emily shouts. I sigh and walk out of the kitchen and see Emily. She sees my state of emotion and gasps.

"Oh Moo Moo, what's wrong?" she asks worridly as she rushes to me and envelopes me in a hug.

I hug Em back tightly before she pulls away. "Hon, tell me what happened." Emily says sympathetically after pulling away and examining my swollen eyes and puffy face.

"Cole Greystone." is all I say to her. Her eyes widen and leads me to the couch and we sit down.

"What did that man wh**e do to my precious, innocent Morgan?" she asks me. I fight off the tears.

"He's my m-mate." I say before bursting into tears again.

"What? Then why are you crying?" she asks me, pulling me in a hug and rubbing my back soothingly.

"Because he r-r-rejected me!" I shout through my sobs. She gasps.

"Oh Morgan, I'm so sorry." she says softly.

"He freaking took my v-card and then rejected me!" I shout again. She stiffens up.

"I'm gonna kill him for what he did to you. That freaking stupid jerk!" she shouts angrily. She tries to get up, but I hold her down.

"Later." I say to her she nods, and we sit there for a long time, until I must get up and face the horrible world.

We collapse on my bed from exhaustion from cleaning my house. That was a crazy party.

"How many people did you invite?" I ask her. She shrugs.

"The whole school was here I think." she says. I groan and roll onto my stomach.

"Can I go kill Cole?" she asks. I shake my head.

"Don't tell me when you'll do it. I might stop you." I say to her, muffled by the sheets. She laughs.

"I'll keep that in mind." she says with a smile and stands.

"Anyways, I have to go. My parents want me home at 4:00, and it 3:41." she says. I nod and wave goodbye without standing or looking at her. She laughs.

"Bye Moo Moo, feel better." she says before leaving.

I sit on the couch scrolling through Netflix before deciding on an episode of 'Pretty Little Liars' I turn on Season 1, because I finished the last episode a few weeks ago. I stand up and grab the chip bag, and pour some Coca-Cola in a cup before returning to my show and intently watching.

Third Chapter! Fun Fact: Pretty Little Liars Season 7 is coming back tonight! Yay! So freaking excited! Any PLL lovers out there?
Kisses,😘