Chapter 34: Simon

-Kagura P. O. V.-

Rogue and I decided to go swimming, leaving the Fairy Tail members to continue volleyball on their own.

Actually, only I really swam. Rogue was tired, so he sat in the sand, watching me and Pantherlily be total complete dorks on a body board.

After a while of making the most ridiculous poses on the board, I left Lily and went back to Rogue.

"What's up, babe?" I said, sitting down next to him. I hoped that wasn't too forward.

"Not much, babe." Okay, he just went with it. "I've been drawing in the sand."

I looked down at his drawing. "What is it?"

"I remembered a dream I had a while ago. Well, it was more of a nightmare. It was back when I idolized Gajeel. The black wizard Zeref attacked Fiore and all of Sabertooth got crucified and Gajeel got sucked into a black hole or something and died and met a fairy. Then everybody got separated across a new world. It was really scary."

"Wow... That does sound pretty scary. But hey, that's just a dream. The chances of that happening are about as high as, say, me seeing my brother again or me kissing Erza."

We shared a laugh. Rogue seemed to pause for a second after that. "You have a brother?"

Oh, I suppose Sabertooth doesn't know about it. "Not anymore... He died 7 years ago..."

"Why the hell is everything always 7 with us!? 7 dragonslayers, 7 dragons that died on the seventh day of the seventh month of the year X777, and seven years later is when Lucy joined Fairy Tail, which caused a whole bunch of crazy things, and then they disappeared for seven more years. There's some conspiracy, I know it!" He shouted.

"Sevennatti confirmed."

"..."

"..."

"Kagura no."

"Kagura yes."

He facepalmed and I giggled.

"Anyway" he continued. "What was your brother like?"

I paused, trying to think. "His name was Simon. I didn't know everything about him, but Erza told me stories about when they were slaves in the Tower of Heaven."

Rogue lay back on the sand. "I think you should be more comfortable. C'mon, I'll listen."

I lay back next to him, looking up at the beautiful cloudless blue sky.

"Well, it all starts back when I first met Erza. Simon and I lived in Rosemary Village. We were really happy and kept a garden, but one day, it happened. Some people came through, abducting all the kids and slaughtering the adults. They took Simon. I would've been caught if it wasn't for Erza. They took her too. I was the only one to escape."

I peeked over at Rogue, who seemed to take every word to heart.

"At the tower, Erza, Simon, Jellal, Millianna, and their two friends, Wally and Shô. They were all slaves. Erza said the six of them were the best of friends. It was almost like a group of elementary school kids or one of those animes that was all about OP friendship power bullshit. Jellal was the leader, strong and brave. Erza was the love interest, she fell in love with him at the young age, feelings which the azure haired boy returned. Simon was the peacekeeper, always kind and looking out for them. Wally was the rebel, always trying to be tough. Shô was the one kid who was always overly excited about the stuff the group did, almost like the nerd. And Millianna was the perky one, always optimistic, even in their gloomy prison."

Another glance at Rogue proved that he was still listening.

"One day, Jellal was going to be punished for trying to escape. That was the day the prisoners revolted, they were all free. Well, they would've been, had it not been for one girl. Ultear. Erza told me that she was the daughter of Gray and Lyon's mentor, Ur. She possessed Jellal, making him believe that she was Zeref, turning him evil. When Erza freed him, he destroyed the escape boats and exiled Erza, becoming the new leader of the Tower of Heaven. Over the years, Wally,Shô, and Millianna also fell under his influence, thinking she betrayed them. Simon didn't fall for that. He convinced them to help Erza and her friends of Fairy Tail fight against Jellal. On top of that tower... Erza fought Jellal. When he was about to kill her... Simon stepped in the way... He died there..."

Another peek. I saw a tear in Rogue's eye.

"After that, Millianna, Shô, and Wally went their own way together. I met them, searching for my brother. Millianna didn't see the events on top of the tower, so she informed me that Jellal killed Simon. I hated him, and swore to kill him. Millianna joined me and we eventually joined Mermaid Hell. Elsewhere, Jellal, who was in comatose state after those events, was awoken by Oracion Seis. He had lost his memories. When Erza met him again, she was furious. She yelled at him, recounting his sins in front of him. Faced with that, he attempted to sacrifice himself. Erza saved him, thinking he was free of evil. But he was soon captured by the council."

"That's so rough..."

"I know. Then after Fairy Tail went missing for the seven years, Ultear, who had freed herself of evil, and her adopted daughter, Meredy, broke Jellal out of prison and formed Crime Sorciere. They had Jellal infiltrate the Grand Magic Games as Mystogan. I believe you know the story at this point. My battle against Minerva and Erza. That... changed my whole perspective on Jellal, as well as life... Ever since then, I've been a bit more... A bit more..."

"A bit more tsundere instead of ice queen?"

I sat up. A punch in his shoulder brought the mood back from the gloomy depths of sadness that it had been.

"I'm just kidding, Kag." He laughed, and I lay back down.

We looked up at the sky.

"It's a beautiful day outside." Rogue said. "Birds are singing, flowers are blooming..."

He paused. I decided to continue.

"On days like these, guys like you..."

He waited for me to finish.

"Should be making out with your girlfriend."

I caught a glimpse of a smirk as we grabbed each other and locked lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was long overdue! I don't have anything to say really, aside from two comments.

First, I realize that with this book going to have 100 chapters, there will be a 77. So, I might have something special for Mashima's favorite number.

Second, typing this chapter has made me realize how freaking long it takes to explain Erza's backstory! I mean, did you guys see all that? Good Mavis, that's a lot.

Anyway, sorry for taking so long. I've been seeing more and more comments telling me to update. I'm not complaining, they're a reminder that you guys love my story, so thank you guys! Have a good night, everybody!