#19, You Are Not The Only One With Secrets

I looked at him as he waited for my answer.

His curious intense gaze made my breath hitch. 

Should I tell him? 

My most dreaded moment was here, I don't know what his reaction will be. Most probably he will run away from me, and that is the thing I fear the most.

"Sunshine...you can trust me." He says softly taking my small shaking hands in his large warm ones calming me at once.

The sincerity in his voice shakes me up.

' You can trust me'

That is what I will do.

"But if you don't want to--"

"No I will, I think you deserve to know it." I cut him off.

"I am scared Ryan," I whisper closing my eyes.

"Of what?" He asks gently stroking my hand.

"That you will run away from me after this. You will see how horrible a person I am and leave me just like my parents." I say.

I open my eyes and look at him, he looks at me with an unreadable expression and squeezes my hand.

"Trust me." He says more determined.

I take a deep breath. 

This is it Mae.

"It happened two years ago. The time my older sister was still here with us. The time I woke up everyday with a smile on my face. The time everything was how like it should have been.

My sister and I were very close, even though she was six years elder to me, we shared everything with each other.

One day she came home with this guy named Cole. They were so happy together, he was the perfect guy you'd want. I could see the love in my sister's eyes for him. But behind that charming façade was his selfish rotten self.

He used to come here often and...we became pretty close. 

He..he made me believe that he liked me." I laughed bitterly, tears falling down in full force.

"Can you believe that!? And being the naïve fifteen year old girl, I believed him. I knew this was wrong, I was loaded with guilt. Whenever he came too close for my liking I pushed him away. I decided to tell my sister the truth but he stopped me and said if I said a single word to her, he would kill her and my parents. I was scared beyond belief but stupidly I believed that he was into me.

One day he took me to this club against my protests to meet his 'friends'. I felt sick entering that place and by the way his friends looked at me. He introduced me as his girlfriend to everyone which shocked me to the core.

He made me drink a few drinks and left me saying he'll come to me later. Even though I was drunk I wanted to go home as soon as possible so I went to find him." I told him my voice cracking. I looked up to see his eyes filled with fury and sadness.

"I searched everywhere and finally found him..." I gulp. " In a room with some girl."

"I immediately ran from there disgusted. He came after as soon as he spotted me but I was already out of the club. He caught me quickly but before I could yell or say something to him he started to accuse me of cheating, calling me ugly and pathetic easily making me the villain here. Turns out Stephanie was passing by and heard everything and now holds it over my head all the time." I closed my eyes breathing hard.

"Sunshine you can stop--" 

"No..let me."

"I was too drunk to comprehend anything. Then he dragged me back inside and handed me to one of his friends. I would have been raped if...if it was not for my sister." I cry hard.

"She came in at the right moment and saved me, she confronted Cole slapping him hard.

Turns out he was in a gang that did trafficking business. That is the reason he was with my sister in the first place so that he can sell her later on and was going to do the same to me had she not come in time."

"Things turned out to be nasty when Cole punched my sister in rage throwing her on the ground. I fell beside her pleading her to leave this and for us to go back home but she denied and told me to go home alone. She said she needs to inform the police about it and had dialed their number when Cole snatched it from her and kicked her.

She screamed out in pain and I tried to reach out to her but she told me to run away and go tell the police. I refused to go and saw my sister being held by two men while Cole was punching her and then...then..shot her right in the heart.

I fell on the ground screaming her name and they turned towards me but then I heard the sirens and the police flooded in the club. Seems someone had called them. They caught everyone except Cole who managed to escape. But before going he promised that he'll come again.

My parent's blame me for her death and I too, blame myself. She should have been here Ryan! Alive! But no!"

I cried and was expecting him to get up and leave but instead he hugged me hard. I clutched his shirt tightly and sobbed making his shirt wet from my tears.

After I had calmed down, I pulled back and turned away from him.

"Aren't you going to leave after seeing how horrible I am?" I speak in a hoarse strained voice.

"No." He says and pulls me towards him.

"Neither were you or are horrible Mae. It was not your fault and please don't blame yourself. I am sure your sister would not be liking it. Do you think you'll blame her if she was in your place?" He asks as I shake my head no.

"Then? Sunshine, I will not judge you, trust me." He said while I nodded tired.

"I am and will always be there for you." He said kissing my forehead.

"Thank you." I whispered faintly as I found it hard to stay awake. After all the crying and reviving those hard memories, my energy has drained completely.

"You look tired sunshine, you should sleep for sometime. I'll see you later." He says getting up.

"Where are you going?" I ask sleepily laying down.

"Some business to take care of." He says in a clipped tone clenching his jaw.

He turns around to walk away but then something clicks in my mind.

"Ryan?" I call

"Yes," he asked not turning around to face me with his hand on the door knob.

"You asked me...how did I know Cole...not who is he," I say and see his body tense up.

"Do you...do you know..him?" I ask cautiously as he stood still.

He kept standing there for a moment.

"You are not the only one with secrets Mae." He says and walks out leaving me alone to tend to my thoughts.

He called me Mae...not Sunshine

I let Ryan Stone break my walls but...will he let me break his?

_____________________________________________________________

Q-Do you believe in parallel universe? If yes, then why?

Sorry for any typos!

Vote!

Comment! 

Share!