Chapter 13: Evil Has Come

Asriel's POV

Chara changed, she's acting different. Mack I think did something to her. I threw away the book about the pretty yellow flower into that flower field, I sighed. I wanted to read that book. I complained in my head, but Chara told me to get rid of it. "Hey Chara, are you alright?" I asked when I came back in, she stared at me for a few before she answered. "Yes, I'm fine little bro. I just don't think mom and dad like that book." She told me, but something was off in her voice, "Ok... Then do you want to play a game?"

She sighed. She didn't sound happy to play with me, just because she's older than me doesn't mean she can't have fun! "Okay, what do you want to play?" She asked, then I took her hand and pulled her out into the flower field. I hid the video camera behind my back, I remember mom and dad making a video with this camera, making bad puns about becoming parents for me. I thought, giggling to myself at how weird my parents are sometimes. "Ok! We're here! I want to sit in the flowers and make faces at each other!" I smiled as Chara sat down, creating a crevice in the flowers.

I sat down and looked at Chara, with a look of worry. "Is something wrong Chara? Do you need to talk about something?" She stared at me, blushed then turned around and away from me. I sighed Maybe not... Her head whipped back around in a flash to reveal a horrific sight! Chara's face had changed into a melted, scary face that scared me half to death. "RAAGGHHH!!" She cried out, but I just giggled. Then I brought out the camera, "Alright Chara, do your scary face!" I smiled at her, but she shook her head. "What? You won't do it again?" I asked, then sighed in disappointment. "Oh! I'm recording this win the lens on!" I ended the video.

"What the heck Asriel?! Are you trying to get me killed?!" She screamed at me, her face turning red. She glared at me, heaving deep breaths in. "What if this got out to the human world! I would be found and killed where I stand!" She continued on. I felt my bottom lip quiver on its own, and my vision became blurry from tears. No.. No! Don't cry Asriel! I shouted in my head to myself. But I couldn't help myself, all the tears weld up in my eyes, blocking my vision all poured down my face. They got stuck in my fur, making my face cold and wet. "Fine! I'll just leave then!" And with that, I ran off. The camera still in my paw, I dropped it in the field and ran back into the house.

Chara's POV

Something rose inside that I couldn't stop, I ran towards the camera but left it there. I caught up with Asriel and grabbed his long, white ears and pulled him back. "AAAHHH!!!" He shrieked then jerked his head around to look back at me, tears still poured from his eyes like a bad storm. "Let me go...please...don't kill me like you did...your family.." He whimpered. That sentence took me out of my evil trance, and I let his ears go, sending him down to the ground. He whimpered something about me that I couldn't understand then ran into the house, and the only thing left from him, was a small patch of white fur and the video camera. I walked back to the camera and picked it up, but I noticed something shiny on my hands, but it wasn't anything like food or flower dust. I took a closer look and saw that it was blood! Blood? How could I had blo--oh no... I realized what I had really done to Asriel to make him cry and run away, I had hurt him.

How could I do this to him?! He's my brother and I love him! I picked up the camera and ran back inside the house, I went down the hallway and went towards our bedroom door but I noticed it was closed. I pounded on it with my fist. "Asriel? Asriel please open the door..Please!" I begged from the other side. "Go away!" He mumbled, "Killers aren't aloud!" I heard something thump on the inside of the room, his head pounded on the door as he sat down. I heard soft cries from where he sat. No..Why me, why could I do something like this to him! I punched myself in the arm, then sat against the door and started to cry. I remember a song Mack used to sing to me when I first met him, it was a sad and slow song about leaving your family behind for your selfish acts. I sang it in my head, to the sound of Asriel's sobs and whimpers.

I know that you miss them, believe me I know
But it'll get better, you'll see.
You left them behind, but I don't know why!
They were your best friends, but you didn't care...
Mommy told you what's..right
Daddy told you what's..wrong
Your brother and sister loved you, but you didn't care...
Packing your bags, they screamed and they cried
You didn't listen as your day went by
You walked out door, while they begged at your heels!
Don't leave them behind, but you didn't care...

Now it's the present, and you are alone
Everyone's gone and it's all your fault.
They told you not to leave, told you it's wrong!
But you didn't care.
Now you regret it, all that you did!
Now that you care...

By the end of the song I began to sing it out loud rather than in my head. I looked down at my feet and saw tears dripping down onto the floor. Then I heard someone singing along with me, it came from behind the door! Asriel? He knows that song? I wondered, but kept singing. I turned around and faced the door as I started to sing the final part, and put my hands on the door, staring at it. I pretended in my head that Asriel opened the door and we hugged and never let go, but nothing happened at the end of the song.
But then I heard Asriel start to sing something else! I listened, and thought it sounded familiar...Oh my gosh, he's changing the end of the songs lyrics..but what is he saying?
Then I heard the end of the song that he sang, it was beautiful.

Now it's the present, but you aren't alone
Everyone is gone except me
I told you it's alright, no need to cry!
And you really cared...
Now I forgive you, for all that you did!
You always cared...

"Asriel, you don't actually mean that do you...?" I sniffed, and tried to stop crying but it didn't work. "Chara, I do mean it! I love you and I know you didn't mean to do that to me! Something from what you did in the past must've done that to you and made you do that." He explained, my hands slid off the door and I smiled. I looked down at my knees and saw my pants were soaked with the tears dropping down on them, I tried to wipe them down but that just made it worse. Creeeaaaak!!! The door swung open, revealing Asriel standing in front of it, arms open with a bright smile on his tear-soaked face. I stood up and squeezed him tight, I never wanted that hug to end. "I'm so sorry little brother, just know I love you so much and I promise to take care of any wounds I made!"

I picked up the bottle of peroxide and a cloth, I dipped the cloth in the bottle and softly touched the ear wounds on Asriel with the cloth. The wounds immediately turned white from the bubbles and Asriel winced. "Chara! It burns!" I quickly grabbed the cloth and drenched it under the sink in the bathroom we were in. I wiped away the white bubbles and set the washcloth on his ears. "Is that better?" I asked him when I took off the cloth, and set it on the counter. "Yes, thanks!" I put away the bottle and the cloth and grabbed out the wrapping bandages. I unraveled some for both ears and then tied the bandages around the wounds for them to heal.

"Alright Asriel, you're good!" I smiled and held his hand as we walked back to our room, I needed him to know that I truly love him. "Yay! Mom and Dad are home!" Asriel squealed when he heard the front door open, he ran towards them and I ran after him. "It's dinner time!" Mom called out, she smiled at us and walked towards the table. Dad walked into the kitchen and grabbed our soup bowls. Now it's time to see if my plan works, it should work in the matter of a day. I smirked, hoping that my plan to poison him would succeed. "Honey? What's this stuff in my soup?" Dad asked Mom, pointing at yellow flakes in his spoon. No! Just eat it! "It's fine Asgore, it's just some of my seasonings I put in there!" She smiled and him and continued eating. Whew, that was close.

Dad shrugged it off, then slowly blowed on the spoon and slurped it up. He took his time eating, I watched his every bite. But soon enough he had finished it off, smiling when he looked at his empty bowl. "That seasoning had a weird taste but it was great Tori!" Dad exclaimed, looking as if he wanted another bowl. "Gorey, you can get one more bowl but then that's it." Mom ordered. Uh oh, he won't be able to have more of the flowers I put in there! "Hey dad? I'll get that for you!" I grabbed his bowl from him and ran into the kitchen. I filled it up with the normal soup, then smashed up some more of the flowers and sprinkled it all around. I ran back and handed it to dad, "Thank Chara!" I smiled at him. You won't be thanking me tomorrow...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!