Shadow Kingdom

Valeria remained quiet as she and Princess Sage were led out of an open courtyard by guards and into the castle. Her blue eyes looked over to see the wavy blonde haired woman struggling against the men leading them. The proper raised woman could have struggled just as well but found no point in it. Instead she was peaceful and walked calmly through the stone hallways they entered.

The castle stones were so dark they were nearly black. Even in pure daylight she wasn't exactly sure what color the stones were. They were nearly black but there seemed to be a mixture of dark blue, dark gray and even dark brown in them. She couldn't help but be curious as to what the stone actually was.

Valeria had no idea where she was at all. Even the soldiers charcoal grey pants and black leather gave no indication as to where she was; save for the dark gray dragon over there black leather breastplate they wore. She was sure whoever owned the dragons that had captured them, was where they were but nothing more. The soldiers hadn't even addressed them in a way to tell her anything.

The dragons had simply dropped the two women in a courtyard and the soldiers had immediately taken hold of them and wordlessly taken them into the castle walls. 'Lord Quasar was right. Warriors, many of them, seem to need a lesson in manners,' she quietly thought to herself. The manner in which the men were dressed told her warrior and the mannerism for which they held them as if they were second rate practically confirmed her suspicions.

Two large steel doors opened and the two women were led into a large open room. The room wasn't dark exactly but it wasn't full of light either. There were no large windows to afford light giving the atmosphere of a dark and dangerous place.

On the other side of the room was a black throne sitting above six stone steps. The throne was large and spikes adorned the top of it several inches above the man that sat on the throne. Valeria's eyes looked at the angry looking man on the imposing throne. His hair appeared to be very dark but with the lack of light it was difficult to see exactly what color his hair was. Even his eyes looked to be dark.

As the princess and Valeria were practically shoved forward the area before the king lightened just enough to make a few things out more clearly. The man of royalty on the throne had hair that was not as dark as it had first appeared. The Benola raised woman guessed in the light it would be closer to light brown than dark. His eyes looked to be a shade of dark blue. He had appeared younger from a distance but now closer he looked to be in his 40's. The one thing that had not changed however was the look of anger the man wore.

"Princess Sage," Drem sneered looking at the wavy haired woman. There was no question that he didn't care for the woman before him.

"Drem," She said less than pleased. Instantly she was hit from behind and fell to the ground.

"That's King Drem woman!" The soldier behind her snapped.

Sage looked at the Shadow King with angry blue eyes. "You aren't fit to be a king," she sneered. Instantly a guard kicked the female warrior still on her knees. The princess grunted but didn't cry out.

Drem turned his eyes from the daughter of one of his enemies and looked at the woman dressed in right. "Interrupted a wedding did I?" he commented looking first at the bottom of the gown and then allowing his dark blue eyes to travel up the dress before finally resting on Valeria's face.

Drem blinked for a moment before suddenly rising from his throne. Valeria watched as the king dressed in leather walked down his steps and approached her. "How is it that you..." Seeing confusion in her eyes he stopped. Looking at her he saw the face of an old enemy but her obvious young age told him it wasn't who he was looking at now. "Who are you?"