chapter 6. "to finally have peace"

Lucifer p.o.v
I waited and waited for (y/n)'s return. When she finally arrived with a beaming smile across her beautiful face. I knew. "Im guessing you managed to get through to him?" I questioned her.

"Next week. Apparently in the middle of a field how lovely." She remarked.

I held open my arms for a victory hug. A human activity i found myself rather fond of. But only with (y/n). It was strange. Any other angel would touch me and burn from the cold but she is unaffected... Could she really be the one.

It is said that lucifer will repent for his sins when he loves again.

~time skip from the candyman~
Reader p.o.v
Today was the day everything would change. The day lucifer shed his title as the devil and became an archangel once again.

We zapped to the location and awaited castiels arrival. As promised he turned up alone. He approached us and greeted us "(y/n). Lucifer." "Hello castiel" lucifer replied "i... I am sorry, brother. All this pain i have caused. I am the reason our father left. I behaved childishly and over reacted because i wanted to be the centre of attention. (Y/n) here has shown me that humans are truly beautiful and complex creatures whom we do not bow to. They in fact bow to us. I wish to repent for my sins in the hope that i may be forgiven. I am truly sorry castiel."

Castiel p.o.v
'Wow (y/n) was right. He has changed. "I forgive you brother. However i cannot fully trust you, yet. That is something you must earn."

"I do not wish to return to heaven. But continue to rule hell. I will release the Souls that have been un rightly claimed to hell and continue Crowley's work. Only taking souls that have been sold or souls of the truly sinful. Rapists and murders and abusers. The ones who say im to blame. I promise you castiel. I have and will continue to change."

I turned to (y/n) "dear friend. What shall you do now." She looked at lucifer and then at myself and replied "i... I wish to stay with lucifer. I will visit you castiel. You will always be family to me. Unlike every other angel. But i... I think. As humans put it. I love luci. He showed me right from wrong and now i wish to do the same"
I shook hands with lucifer and he embraced me in a hug "thank you brother" he mumbled in enochian in my ear. I shortly left soon after.