Chapter 1: Yuka and Kyrie Mujona

"Monster!" A boy screamed. The boy had just saw me kill his friend. I removed my fangs from the boy's neck and looked up at the frightened boy. I smirked and said, "Boo!" He ran away, scared out of his pants. I had to laugh. "Yuka," A soft voice said.

I turned and saw my mother staring at me emotionlessly. "Hello, Mother." I said emotionlessly. "Yuka, I've told you to attack where you can't be seen." Mother said, emotionlessly. My mother had white/silver hair like me and pink eyes. She also wore a white kimono (See picture).

"It's not my fault. I was hungry. You know I can't control my thirst during the full moon. Besides, it's those boys' fault for being out here this late at night." I told her, just as emotionless. She stared at me for a while. "It's late. Let's go back inside before someone sees us." My mother said.

I sighed and followed through with what she said. "Wait," My mother turned to look at me. "What about the body?" I asked. She looked at the body, then at me. "I'll take care of it," She finally said. "Go back inside." I nodded and flew back to the house.

Once I was inside, I sat on the couch and waited for Mother's return. She came back a few minutes later and she had tears in her eyes. She wasn't sad. She was just emotionless. My mother had a condition that makes her cry for no reason.

When she cries, she doesn't show any emotion so, I don't ask her about it. The next day, Mother took me to the Hokage House because the old man wanted to speak with us.

Yuka's Mom POV

"I think you know why you're here." The Hokage said. Yuka and I stood in front of his desk while he was staring at us. "Yes." I answered. "A boy went missing last night. I don't suppose you anything to do about that." He said. I looked down at my only child.

"Yes." I answered again. The Hokage sighed. "You must control her, Kyrie. I won't be able to protect you two any longer if you keep this up." He said. Yuka remained quiet as she stared at the Hokage emotionlessly. "I'll do my best." I said emotionlessly.

The Hokage nodded. "You are dismissed." He said. Yuka and I bowed and walked back to our house while I held an umbrella was over our heads so it would protect us from the sunlight. "That's the third time this has happened, Yuka." I said to her as we walked.

"What do you mean?" She asked without showing any emotion.

"This is the third time you've killed someone."

"So?"

"I've told you repeatedly to control your thirst."

"You told me it was safe enough for me to feed at nightfall."

"Yes, and I also said to make sure you are not seen. If you keep doing this, we'll have to move again."

Yuka stayed quiet after that. We've been living in the Leaf Village for some time now. The Hokage hasn't thrown us out yet. But I'm worried he will if Yuka doesn't get her thirst under control. When we got back to the house, I put the umbrella away and closed all the curtains, making the room dark.

"What's this?" Yuka asked. I turned around and saw her examining an academy application. "I was going to tell you about that. I'm enrolling you to the ninja academy. You start tomorrow." I said emotionlessly. "Alright then." She said.

She put the application back down on the desk and walked to her room. Yuka and I are a very quiet and emotionless family. We hardly get mad at each other and we hardly yell. We're very distant from the humans and we rarely go out of the house.

So, I'm not so surprised she didn't throw a fit when I told her she'll be in the ninja academy. Although, I have my doubts sending Yuka to an academy full of humans. She already has a hard time controlling her thirst, so what will happen when she's around just about everyone she could kill?

I sighed. We'll just have to see for ourselves.

Yuka's POV

I never thought I would have to go to a ninja academy. I don't like the children here. They're loud and obnoxious. Though, I suppose I did expect this from my mother. I guess it won't be so bad at the academy. I just need to stay away from the sun and maintain my thirst for blood.

But I guess that also means I have to cover myself whenever I leave the house. When nightfall came, I waited for Mother by the door. "Are you ready?" She asked me, her eyes glowing red. "Yes." I answered emotionlessly.

We flew out the door and headed toward the woods. We saw a couple of deer, eating grass in a shaded area. Mother and I landed gracefully on our feet, just a few feet away from them. When the deer saw us, they started to run off. I hate it when our dinner ran away.

I don't exactly like having to chase them. Mother and I ran flew towards our dinner before it could get away. We got close to them and attacked them, our fangs piercing their skin. I could feel the blood running down my chin as I drank. Satisfied, I removed my fangs from the deer's neck.

"Let's go, Yuka." My mother said. I nodded and we flew back to the house. I opened the door to our house and walked to my room. I stopped and stared at the application on the table. I turned back to Mother, seeing tears flow down her cheeks.

Yet, she wasn't showing any emotion. "Mother, you're crying again." I mentioned. "I know. Don't worry, I'll be fine." She told me. I hated how we had to hide our identities and I also hated how we had to live in a village full of humans. But there's nothing I can do about it. I am who am I am and I have to follow my mother's orders.

Mujona means heartless in Japanese.