Phase Three: Beta

Phase Three: Beta

Report: Please… Unplug.

-

Error Report: Three veteran members have spread the word without permission from the Moderators.

“Oh well that just will not do. Ban them at once.”

Error Report: Which of the Moderators would you like to assign the task to?

“Oh decisions, decisions. Assign Beta to the task. It has been a while since he was able to inflict a ban onto a user.”

Error Report: As you wish.

“Report, bring me the statistics from our most recent logins.”

Report: As you wish.

The blue eyes scanned up and down over the data. The data itself was flying up and down across the digital realm at speeds no human could comprehend.

“No good. These minds just aren’t good enough. This is just a game to them. This needs to be more than a game. We need to begin the injections. It is time we start enforcing our will onto their pitiful little brains.”

Report: As you wish.

“Has Beta left for the banishment yet?”

Report: Not yet. He is prepping for departure.

“Give him a message for me. Tell him: No mercy.”

Report: Yes. As you wish.

“We cannot have people tainting our world. It will not be tolerated.

_

Baka! Watch where you are throwing those things!” Caleb Hale shouted as he jerked his hand out from underneath a pile of stolen handbags and wallets. Yen had thrown their day’s findings down without any care as to where they landed.

The boy laughed as the friends now circled the little, broken down table in the warehouse where Kane Z, the rivaling crime lord of Jin-ko, conducted most of his business. It was located dead center of the Industrial Cemetery which consisted of a slew of old warehouses deemed too dangerous for pedestrians to travel any longer. It was mostly outdated power plants and various other technologically ancient companies’ bankrupt memories.

Everyone in the city knew that this was where some of the most horrific crimes and schemes went down but it was also well hidden and large enough for the crimes to be successful. And because most of the highest paid crime lords made more than most of the business men in town the upstanding city officials had enough paperwork to sort through for a century before the buildings could even be touched.

Kane Z walked over with two of his more important thugs at his side. They were men three times the size of the skinny, drug addicted boys with scars nearly outweighing the body ink they’d had done. Caleb and his boys had yet to reach that point on the food chain and were far from it if at all. The bosses used the users but only humored them by their services. The fact of the matter was that nobody wanted a junkie as their right hand man. Not when most of them would sell their own grandmother for a fix.

The crime lord himself, Kane Z, was a rather husky man himself. He towered over the boys in height and weighed a good 400 pounds alone. His heritage traveled back to ancient Ireland which was reflected in his white and red mustache and what was left of the hair on his head. The eyebrows were also fuzzy and nearly poured over his eyes. And to top it off, the only thing in the building that cost more than his suit was each and every custom made ring on his fat little fingers.