if i could fly: (i)

Start from the beginning

"Tell me how you feel," she drawled, a smile on her lips her eyes glinting with lust.

"Good," Anna whispered, "So good, Paiten, oh my god..."

Her voice was high-pitched and foreign, revealing the desperation she felt in that moment. Her legs began to shake as a third finger entered her and a thumb pressed against her clit. Paiten's tempo became faster and faster until she could hear the sound of her fluids colliding with her skilled fingers. 

It seemed to fill the entire balcony, vibrating against the glass sliding door and dipping all the way to the bottom of the pool. Her nails dug into her girlfriend's back and she held on for dear life as Paiten made her soar higher and higher, uncertain of whether she would ever touch the ground ever again and found the thrill in feeling like she was headed straight for the moon.

"Come for me," Paiten demanded.

And just like that she was falling and crashing back into Earth and into Paiten's embrace. Her back arched and her eyes rolled all the way back into her head and for a long time all she could do was shriek and shake. Paiten's hold on her was tight and she slumped against her, spent and delirious.

She felt the younger girl push some of her hair away from her face in search of her lips and they kissed in the African summer sun. Paiten lowered her down onto her beach chair detaching from Anna so she could stand up and put her fingers in her mouth, liking the taste of that sweet, mild nectar coating her tongue.

"Mhmm, divine."

"You're crazy," Anna laughed, "and I love you, so much. I know that I sometimes... don't show it, but you mean the world to me, you have to know that."

Paiten shrugged, but couldn't hide the blush that coated her cheeks.

It had been a rough year and a half for the couple with all of the new changes they'd had to face. The vacation was the first time they'd spent time together alone like that, without the distractions of work, school, or family. They were in desperate need of rebonding and repairing.

"Love you too, Anna," Paiten replied.

She tried not to think about all of that, they'd left South Africa and its issues behind for that particular reason, anyway. She was determined to enjoy every single moment with her girlfriend that she could.

"I'm going inside for a drink."

"I'll stay out here."

"Don't fall asleep in the sun, it's bad news, Baby."

"I won't."

"Come join me in the shower later?"

Anna smiled, surprised she even needed to ask.

"Of course"

* * *

Their time in Mozambique passed by. They spent their days exploring the beautiful city of Maputo, playing by the beachside, taking high-glamour tourist photos on their brand new phones: an iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max and making love at every opportunity afforded to them. 

They left on the 12th of January 2020, upon crossing the border, their phones went off with simultaneous text messages and missed calls – they had been deliberate in their choice of not purchasing Mozambiquan sim cards so that they could get the peace they'd craved. Paiten had video called her parents and her best friend once or twice in the duration of their entire trip, but it was Anna who had a rap sheet of people she needed to tend to.

Anna had one hand on the wheel of her brand new black Jaguar and handed her phone over to Paiten in the passenger seat.

"Please go through these texts and see if there's anyone of importance worth answering right now." She asked.