5SOS: "How...?"

Ashton:
"How do you feel?" Ashton asked, running his fingers through my hair lovingly.
"Awful," I mumbled through my gauze packed mouth. "But better than before."
Earlier that morning, I had gotten my wisdom teeth removed.
"It's time for you to take more pain pills," he said. "So you need to eat something."
"I'm not hungry."
"Well, just eat something. You need to eat something with the pill each time. Otherwise you'll get sick."
I sighed, throwing the covers off of my body, sliding out of bed.
Ashton grabbed my hand, leading me down to the kitchen.
"What do you want to eat? I can heat up some mashed potatoes, we have applesauce, pudding..."
"Applesauce," I said, slowly pulling the dark pink gauze from my mouth.
"The bleeding has gone down a lot," he noticed.
I nodded, "I should be able to stop using it pretty soon."
He helped me eat and take my pills, rubbing my back as I painfully choked down the food.
"C'mon, you need to get some more sleep," he smiled, kissing my forehead.
"Will you come take a nap with me?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist.
"Maybe soon, babe. I'm working on some songs right now."
"Please? C'mon, just take a break. You've been working on that all day."
He sighed, rubbing my back softly, "Fine, just for a little."
I smiled, knowing that once he got in bed, he'd stay there the rest of the day.

Michael:
"How did it go?" Michael asked me excitedly as I walked into our apartment.
"I have some good news!" I said eagerly.
For the past year, Michael and I have been trying to get pregnant, following our marriage and 3-week honeymoon. For a few months, Michael and I were separated as he was on tour and I couldn't get off work to join him. But once he was back, we went back to trying.
Two months ago, I had been getting sick constantly. Eager to be pregnant, we assumed it was that. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Turns out, I just had a stomach bug.
Then, last month, again, I got sick constantly. Assuming it was the stomach bug again, I didn't get too excited. Then, my period was late. So, after a few days I took another test. Negative. Now very concerned for my health, I went into my doctor, with the hopes of a failed test.
"You're pregnant?" he beamed.
I nodded, beginning to cry of happiness as he enveloped me in his arms, picking me up off the ground, swinging me around.
He sat me down, pulling me into a tight bear hug.
"I love you so much," he whispered.
His hands rested on my stomach, "We're going to be badass parents..."
"I hope so," I smiled, hooking my arms around his neck, kissing him quickly. "God, I love you."

Calum:
"How was he?" I whispered, watching as Calum walked into our bedroom close to midnight.
"Bad."
Calum's father had been in the hospital the past week with a sudden illness and currently wasn't showing much improvement. He had just gotten back from visiting with him, staying with him as long as he could before visiting hours were over.
He walked over to the bed, stripping himself of his shoes and clothes, pulling on a pair of sweats before climbing under the covers.
"Do you want to talk?" I asked.
He shook his head. Even in the dark, I could see the tears streaming down his face.
"Cal... Come on." I ushered him closer to me.
He scooted over under the covers until his body met mine.
"It's all going to be alright," I said, "I promise."
"You can't promise me that! He's not getting any better! He's shown no signs of improvement!" he yelled.
"But he also hasn't gotten worse," I pointed out. "He's stable right now."
"I don't want stability, I want improvement!"
I winced as his loud voice pierced through the darkness of our room. Cal knew how much I hated yelling. He was upset, though, so I didn't say anything about it.
"I know you do sweetie, I do too! But you have to look on the bright side, okay? Things could be worse."
He nodded, giving up on his defense, instead cuddling into my chest, his warm tears dripping onto my bare skin.
"I'm sorry for yelling," he muttered.
"No apology necessary. You're going through something right now. I understand."
He sighed, "I love you. Thank you."
"I love you," I repeated. "Now get some sleep."

Luke:
"How can you eat that?" I grimaced, watching Luke shovel more food into his mouth.
"What? It's good!" he defended.
I giggled at my childish boyfriend as we sat on the tour bus.
"You're special."
"But you love me," he grinned cheekily.
"Ahh, that's debatable," I joked.
He pouted dramatically, "You don't love me?"
"No, I was thinking of leaving you for Ashton, actually."
He pointed a finger at me, "Hey! Too far!"
I laughed, leaning my head on his shoulder. "You know I would never do that."
"I know," he smiled, kissing my forehead before taking another bite of whatever he was eating.
"I swear to all the heavens above if you got any of that damn sauce on my face I will Sweeney Todd you and slit your throat."
His eyes widened a bit at my empty threat as he chuckled, "Damn you're a feisty little beast."
I smiled, "You know it."