Chapter 22

Percy's point of view

After we re-entered the club I bought a drink for both  of us. I wasn't really a big fan of alcohol but I got it to keep up my charade of being a normal guy to Amber's friends. One reason why I wasn't that big of a fan of it was because of the fact I was a god, and like I said before I usually just drink nectar. Olympus does have its own wines, and other similar drinks, and they are usually stronger than the mortal stuff, but I'm not really a fan of those either. The other reason was because of my first stepdad Gabe. I had a pretty good Idea what alcohol could do to people when they have too much of it and because of that I wasn't a big fan.

When we returned to our table Amber's friend Emma asked, "where were you two you've been gone for an hour?"

 Amber responded, "we were just talking,"

 Emma responded, "sure you were, making out is more likely"

 that girl was starting to annoy me so I said, "let me remind you that we only met two weeks ago, so I don't think we are at that point yet." 

She shut up after that. It wasn't too long after that when it was time to leave. Just before we walked out the door Amber called for a cab. While we were waiting for the cab to come get her I saw two flashes of light that could only mean one thing. I had company. I was wondering who in Hades was interrupting us but I got a pretty good idea of who one of them was, since there was only one god that I knew of that knew about us. The other one I had a guess for but I couldn't be sure.

  Sure enough my guesses were right when I saw Hermes and Apollo walk over to us. Hermes said, "Nice choice Perce."

 Apollo  said, "Hey cuz I see you found yourself a pretty one."  

Their comments made Amber blush the color of a ripe tomato.I was glaring at the two of them for interrupting us, but to be honest I was thinking and a smart one too. I growled "Why in hades did you interrupt us!" 

They  glanced at me and then at Amber as if they were wondering if I had told her the truth about who I was.  just so they couldn't get away I froze them in time, so they couldn't get away from me and I would be able to get answers out of them.

I think when Apollo and Hermes  looked at her they realized that I had told her. I was still glaring at them  then I said, "Now Apollo why did you decide to show up here, and how did you even know I would be here!" 

he said, "We just came to see how you were doing."

 "I said, Really Apollo you don't need check on me like a little kid! It's not like I haven't been in a relationship before!"

 "Not as a god you haven't." Apollo pointed out.

 "That doesn't matter I can handle this myself!" I yelled. 

And then Apollo said, "uh cuz you might want to calm down a bit."

 "Why!" I asked angrily. he said, "Because if you don't you might just vaporize your new girlfriend." that woke me up quick I looked down at myself and sure enough I was giving off a slight gold light, I had started to take on my true form. 

I quickly got myself under control, and then went back to glaring daggers at the two gods who wouldn't mind their own business. I said, "Why did you really come here? did you do it just to annoy me?" finally Apollo said, "we were just curious how you were getting along."

Skeptical I said  "Why were you so curious about what I was doing? For one it's none of your business, secondly I know your training me Apollo but this is taking it a bit too far." 

I continued saying, "And Hermes, for the god of thieves you weren't doing a great job of sneaking around since I saw you two arrive the moment you got here,".  I was glaring at the two nosy gods and it seemed my glare must have been pretty strong  based on the look on Hermes', and Apollo's faces.

 I said, "I want you both to swear on the river Styx that you won't tell anyone about this incident."

 They quickly did what I asked and then I said, "Now how about we forget that this ever happened." 

Then I unfroze them, and  The two quickly ran off and then teleported away.

I walked back to Amber, her taxi had just arrived but before she got in I said, "Sorry about them, they are usually pretty cool guys, but sometimes they can be really annoying."

She replied, "Its okay I know that you didn't know that they were going to show up." 

 Just before she got in the cab I kissed her one last time. When we parted she said, "Goodbye Percy,"

 I replied, "Goodbye Amber."

I watched as her cab drove away. After it was out of sight I walked into a deserted alley and changed into a phoenix and started toward Olympus, when I was partway there I changed back and then teleported the rest of the way. Why didn't I just teleport the entire way you may ask, well I didn't teleport the entire way because I needed to practice being in phoenix form, since I am a child of Poseidon I have never been that comfortable in the air, so I have to Practice that form more. I have always been comfortable with pegasi because my dad created horses and they are basically a kind of horse. so that form was easier.