Chapter 43

Guys... thank you so much for nearly 10k reads! I'm in shock. I was hoping to get like 100 and this has blown that out of the water. Thank you, thank you, thank you! xx 

After managing to find our clothes and put them back on, Harry and I made our way back out to the deck.  It seemed to be considerably colder out than when we had gone inside, but my body was still on fire from what I had just experienced with Harry.  He led me back to the pile of blankets on the deck, kissing me on the forehead before instructing me to sit back down.

I couldn’t stop smiling as I pulled a blanket around my shoulders and settled in to watch Harry work on the boat.  Even in the dark, his actions were assured, clearly knowing exactly what he was doing despite the dim lighting provided by the fairy lights. 

I sat in awe watching him tug heavily on some piece of equipment before getting it where he wanted it and running his hand through his hair.  I felt like my heart was surely going to burst with love.  I had never been so incredibly happy in my entire life. 

The boat was suddenly moving again, making its way back toward the glowing harbor.  I was surprised how easily he had gotten it to move, considering there was hardly any wind.  Again, I was impressed by his obvious skill. 

He bent over to do something, giving me a clear view of his bum that I loved so much, clad perfectly in his jeans.  I let out a catcall, grinning in appreciation and giggling as he turned to shoot me a pretend disapproving look.  I shrugged at him, indicating I wasn’t sorry at all for looking. 

Before long, we had pulled back into the harbor and were approaching the dock, which he successfully managed to land the boat perfectly next to before tossing out ropes to secure it to the beams.  I couldn’t believe he was able to do all of this himself. 

After making sure everything was secure, he walked back across the deck to me and offered me a large hand, which I willingly took.  He tugged and easily pulled me up to stand in front of him.

“Thank you for coming with me tonight,” he said softly, tucking a wisp of hair behind my ear.

“Of course, thank you for bringing me,” I returned, beyond grateful he had chosen to share this part of his life with me. 

“Mmhmm,” he hummed, acknowledging my thanks with a soft smile.  “Shall we get out of the cold?”

I nodded.  “Let’s.”  He reached down to gather up the blankets and pillows, helping me fold them back up into a neat pile before grabbing the cooler and stack of blankets, leaving me only the pillows to carry, which I gladly accepted. 

Once again, he easily jumped off the deck of the boat and landed smoothly on the dock, all while carrying his items.  I hesitated at the edge, remembering how clumsy I had been last time. 

As if reading my thoughts, Harry extended his arms out, beckoning his fingers toward the pillows I held.  I smiled and gave them to him, which he set down before straightening up and extending his arms out again.

“Give me your hands,” he said.  I stretched my arms out, allowing him to grasp my hands in his palms.  “On the count of three, one, two, three,” he instructed before pulling on me, helping me cross the small distance much more gracefully than the first time.  I grinned up at him triumphantly.

“Thanks,” I beamed, pressing a kiss to his cheek.  

“Welcome,” he said as he leaned down again to retrieve his items.  I grabbed my pillows and straightened up, then started walking down the dock with Harry.