Fifteen: Find a Random Spell From a Lying Git? Use it! It's Bound to Work...

SIRIUS: "Find anything else?" Remus and I had been flipping through magic history books for ages now. It had to've been at least four hours. No one came to check up on us, then I remembered we were in the restricted section. I didn't care if we got caught at this point. We were from the past, what were they going to do to us, honestly?

"Alice and Frank Longbottom," I spoke, I was basically reading out any information of anyone at school we were familiar with. "Mental ward in St. Mungo's." I pushed him the book so he could skim through it as well. He sighed heavily. "What about you?" 

"You aren't going to like this."

"You think I like my best friends being murdered?" He pushed me his book and we traded.

"Marlene McKinnon: Died, October 1981."

"Oh Merlin..." I choked. I had a petty crush on her back in our time. She's the only girl who didn't fall to her knees in my presence, so, naturally, I chased after her. Much like James with Lily. Oh, James, Lily, Marlene..it was too much. Now we had to add Alice and Frank to the mix.

"At least Alice and Frank ended up together, eh?" Remus murmured, always trying to put a positive spin on things.

"Yeah," I mumbled, "and Marls went out fighting. Just the way she would've wanted to."

We continued skimming through future tragedies. The occasional sob passed off as a cough or a sigh not an uncommon occurrence.

"Dorcas Meadowes." I read, she was the seeker in our year. A damn good one she was. "Murdered, October 1981." I read. Remus moaned and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Edgar Bones. 1981." Any other guy we knew at Hogwarts. Quite a decent wizard. It's a shame.

"Damn it!" Remus pounded his fists on the table. "1981!" He shouted. "Nineteen eighty fucking one! What else happens? Who else is killed? It's madness!"

"Remus," I warned. "We're in the library! In the restricted section, nonetheless. Quiet down!" He nodded and slumped further into his chair.

"Dammit," he mumbled once more."Damn it all to hell."

I reopened the book and flipped through its pages.

"Harry Potter, the bravery of Harry Potter, Harry Potter and his secrets, Harry Potter: The Boy Who Lived, they're all about Harry!" I read, showing him the page. He scanned it and nodded sadly.

"He's such a good kid...who do you reckon he's living with?" He asked.

"We should find out," I said. "One way or another."

***

HERMIONE: Ethan and Brandon didn't attend any classes today and I was on my highest alert. Rose seemed like a sweet girl and all, but for all I knew that could be an act. They're probably some undercover death eaters. Who knows what their real names, ages, and origins may be?

I just felt strange not trusting Rose, but I knew I couldn't. She clammed up every time I brought up her old school, family, or even friends. Perhaps she was just personal, maybe she just missed her old school and friends, but that doesn't mean she can't talk about her family, right?