Chapter 1: A Clue?

Erza's PoV

A year. Has it really been so long? The pain is still the same. It still feels like she was sitting with us at the guild just yesterday. But, no, she's gone. People say she's dead, or she's gone to a different dimension. It's not true though, I refuse to believe it. I can still feel her presence. I can feel the cries she screams at night, calling for us to come save her.

Don't worry sister, I will save you.

Natsu's PoV

On the way back from a mission we had finished, we had to kill some swamp monster or something like that, we were walking down a dirt path in a forest, as I refused to take a train. We were walking in silence that no one dared to break. It wasn't unusual for us. Missions would normally end in this deadly silence, that seemed to make the air denser. With every step we took, we would always remember that day. The day of her disappearance. The day of her lose. The day of her death. The day we would never forget.

3rd Person

As the sorry group of teens walked the path, they slowly approached a secret area on no maps or records of. A place which held more than seemed to the naked eye. A place that many fairy tales started off. With huge courtyards and sparkling fountains. Not many had, had the honour of gazing there eyes upon this large estate, but that is a good thing for the man in charge.  

Erza's PoV

As I looked up from the ground and gazed at my surroundings, I felt a strange sense of nostalgia and fear. I shiver as the air around me seems to get colder and wrap my arms around myself. I look up at the sky and it seemed the same as always, clear, blue and birds peacefully playing in the sky. It's just like last year. Nothing's changed. Everything's changed. I feel tears build up in my eyes.

Before they could fall, I hear angry shouting and see Natsu running towards it. "Natsu!" Gray screams and we run after him.

Natsu's PoV

I smelt her. It's her! She's not dead! There's no faults. The sweet scent of strawberries mixed in with the smooth scent of vanilla. It's definitely her. I think as I run excitedly towards it, ignoring my team's calling from behind me.

Before I could burst through the bushes that stood in between me and her, I got knocked to the ground. I turned my head and saw Gray holding me down. "Gr-!" I try saying before he covers my mouth. Trying to scream through his hand, Erza, Happy, Wendy and Carla finally catch up to us. Erza silently threatens to punch me before hiding behind the bush I tried to burst through.

Gray lifts his hand from my mouth, after he confirms I wouldn't speak. "What are we hiding from?" I whisper. Wendy points through a gap in the bush and gestures me to look through it. With one eye closed, I see a man and a woman on the other side. They're both in very fancy clothes, those of nobles to be exact. The female is wearing a large, pink, ball gown type thing with roses on it and one in her hair, her arms and feet completely covered by it. She had long blonde hair that had been put in a bun. I couldn't see her face because she was turned away from us, but I immediately knew who it was.

The man arguing with her had normal, dark brown hair and sharp, green eyes. He was wearing a white noble suit with medals and other ornaments. He didn't smell right to me. "I don't care what my father says! I'm not marrying you!" The female pronounces. "It's not your decision, woman! Your father chose me to be your husband!" The man slaps the girl across the face, making her fall to the ground. Gray and Wendy had to hold Erza and I back from trying to attack the man. "You should be grateful, I can do anything I want with the snap of a finger. I could even get that precious guild of yours destroyed, or let you go see them. If they wanted you back, I'd let go join it again." The man put the white glove he had taken off, back on his hand. "Th-They'd never want me back." The girl cowers, obviously about to cry. "That's what I thought. Don't forget, you agreed to leave them with your father's help. Be grateful he wanted a helpless wench like yourself back." The man practically spits on her and walks off.

When he's gone, the girl rises again, holding her cheek. She sighs. "There's nothing different. I can never escape from this hell." She whispers, brushing the tears from her face with the cloth that rested peacefully on her arm. When I notice she's crying, I jump up and rush to her. "Don't worry. I'll protect you." I pull her into a hug from behind and whisper into her ear. She immediately freezes all over, the blood in her face instantly draining. The guys from behind stay hidden, not sure what to do just yet.

After about 10 minutes of me holding the girl I've missed for so long, she tries turning around, showing the bruises all over her face. "H-Ho-How... Di-Did you?" She starts off, not sure what to say and tears running down her face. "I-I thought you died. How could you leave us like that, Luce?" I question, not entirely sure of what to say myself. "You cannot be here. You'll be killed!" She begins pushing me back. "Why did you let your father kidnap you, without giving us any clues?! Did your dad do that to you? Why didn't you use your magic to escape?!" I grab onto her shoulders, tears building as I see the week old bruises on her arms as she tries to push me away. "Natsu. Please, run as far away from here as you can. Leave me. Don't let Erza find this place. Or you'll all be killed!" She cries. "Luce. Please don't push me away, like you did before." I beg.

Then, I hear rustling behind me and a certain redhead jumps on her sister. "You're alive! You idiot!" Erza laugh cries, burying her face in Lucy's hair. The blood, once again, drains from Lucy's face as she stares into space. "E-Erza?" She questions wearily.

At that moment, Lucy pushes her away. "You cannot be here! They'll find you! You can't use magic in this area! Run as far as you can! Leave at once!" Lucy commands, trying to stay calm. "Lu-Lucy?" Erza questions, her heart broken to pieces. "I'm sorry Erza. Please forgive me for this. Please don't forget me. Please, don't follow me and never come anywhere around here again." Lucy lowers her head before running off in the other direction, leaving all of us to watch in silence, as our beloved family once again disappears from our lives.

(Hilo guylos! How is it? Good starter, huh? Cliff hanger! Sorry about that, I feel so evil! Hehe! Anywaaaaayyyssss, should I ship NaLu for this one. I think it's pretty much a done deal now. See yah later alligators! So cheesy! 😆)