Chapter 24

Percy's Point of view

I was glad to hear that Luke and his friends had made it back to camp safely, but I figured that since they had returned to camp on Blackjack, Porkpike, and one of the camp's pegasi I figured that Zeus would jump to the conclusion that I had sent them when I wasn't supposed to.

By sending them I would have broken the ancient laws which would definitely put Zeus in a bad mood, but then again you rarely see Zeus in a good mood. I should be able to convince him otherwise possibly by swearing on the Styx or maybe Apollo would back me up. Either way I would have to convince him that the Pegasi chose to help them not because they were sent to do so.

It wasn't too long before a meeting was called, I teleported to my throne, and once everyone else had arrived the meeting began. As I suspected the first thing Zeus did was accuse me of sending Blackjack and the other pegasi. Over the past twelve years I had made peace with some of the gods that I had pissed off.

Unfortunately Zeus wasn't one of them. I had made peace with Hera, Athena, Artemis, and Hades. As for the others Apollo Hermes and I had gotten past the whole crashing my date incident and were friends, although they can be annoying especially if they are trying to convince me to go to their parties with them. They just wouldn't pick up on the fact that I wasn't interested. Hephaestus and I well we are more like acquaintances, not quite friends but not enemies either, the same goes for Demeter.

Obviously my dad and I had gotten closer since we were now able to see each other more often. I'm not sure what to call my relationship with Aphrodite other than awkward. She wants me but I'm not interested in her, although there are some moments where she is actually being helpful instead of annoying. Ares and I are rivals, and I'm pretty sure that Dionysus doesn't like me either. There was now thirty five years until I would be taking over his job at camp half-blood.

Hestia and I had gotten closer; she was like an aunt to me which she basically is if you don't consider the fact that gods don't have DNA, and Piper and I are still friends. Anyway got off track Zeus and I well since he and Dad don't really get along that basically means that he is no fan of me either, that combined with the fact that I hadn't exactly been the most respectful to him when I was a demigod, well he doesn't really like me.

Anyway after Zeus accused me of sending the pegasi I said that Blackjack and his friends had just chanced upon the quest, I know that doesn't happen often in the Greek world but it can on rare occasions. Thankfully my dad and Apollo backed me up. Since Apollo is the god of truth, when he says someone is or isn't lying that carries weight. He let it go but I think he was disappointed that I was telling the truth; at least he didn't know that I had visited Luke when he was a baby.

Technically I broke some ancient laws by doing that and if Zeus found out well I'm not sure what he would do. When I had told my dad that I had visited Luke, he wasn't surprised, nor did he say that I shouldn't have done it. This didn't really surprise me though, he may not have admitted it to me but I suspect he did the same for me without my mom knowing about it.

Anyway as the meeting continued we discussed different things such as what to do to try and restore Thalia's tree, what we thought Tartarus's next move might be, and what we could do to prepare for it. Dionysus got the job of finding out if there are any other minor gods siding with Tartarus, or if Khione and Triton were the only ones. After the meeting was over I headed back to my palace, I wish I knew where bob had gone, I wanted to talk to him, to thank him for saving me and well her when we were in Tartarus, and for helping Luke with his quest.

Also I hoped he would agree to help us further in this war, he may know inside information from when Tartarus had him trying to convince him to help them, and even if he didn't he would be a good ally to have.

Luke's point of view

Once again I was the talk of the camp, everyone was going on about the fact that I had completed a dangerous quest at age twelve, and they were continuously comparing me to my dad. It would have been nice to come back to camp and have it just be peaceful, but I knew that wasn't possible, the war wasn't over yet. When I wasn't training I was spending time with my friends.

when he wasn't with us or training Hudson was with his girlfriend, she was s daughter of Apollo, she was pretty she had long blonde hair and bright blue eyes, her skin was tanned from all the time she spends outside, usually practicing archery, her name was Ashley. We still have no idea what to do to fix Thalia's tree, so there is still a constant watch on the hill. At least there weren't any attacks while we were gone, any monsters that got too close our archers had taken them down.

I think we were kind of surprised that Tartarus hadn't sent another army while we were gone; you know attack while our attention was elsewhere. Anyway today went by slower than usual, or at least it felt like it had. Maybe it was all the attention I was getting, or maybe I was just nervous about what was to come.