First Meeting

Author's Note at the end. Please read.
--------------------------------------------

"Regina, honey. You need to wake up. I don't think you would want to be late on your first day of school." Said Regina's mother, Cora, from the other side of the door. Gently knocking on it.
No response. Cora sighed and opened the door as carefully as possible, tip toeing her way towards Regina. Trying to avoid the wooden floor tiles that would squeak if you were to step on them.

"Cora, honey are-" said Henry as he approached Regina's room. He didn't finish his sentence as he saw what Cora's intensions were, both of them trying to force down a giggle.

"Regina..." Cora gently cooed in a sing song voice as she inched closer to the bed.

Regina simply groaned in annoyment.

Taking ahold of the white comforter that Regina was wrapped up from head to toes, quite literally, Cora pulled it with great force, pulling it from all around Regina's petite body. Probably using a bit too much force as the moment she had pulled it, Regina had automatically rolled to the right, causing Regina to yelp all the while making her land not so graciously on her butt with a loud thud. Making both Henry and Cora burs in complete laughter.

"Mother!" Regina scolded. "Was that really necessary?" She said making her way back to her feet and rubbing her sore backside.

"No, not really. But you can't deny it wasn't funny." Cora responded trying to calm her laughter. Regina simply rolled her eyes as a smile formed on her lips.

"Good morning honey." Said Cora with a smile.

"Morning mom." Replied Regina.

"Well morning to you too." Chuckled Henry.

"Morning Daddy."

"Okay, now get out people." Said Regina pushing Cora out. "I don't want to be late on my first day of school."

"Fine. What do you want for breakfast?" Asked Cora once she was out the door.

"Pancakes are fine." Regina said before closing the door.

Regina turned to look at the white digital clock that gently rested on her night stand, 6:42 it read. Perfect, just enough time. Regina thought as she padded barefoot towards her closet. Her feet softly sinking into the beige carpet.

She was rather feminine, always caring about her appearance yet never of what other people thought of her, she never tried to impress other people either. Which for some people was kind of contradicting, since why would she care about her appearance if it wasn't to impress other people. Her point? She did it for herself, simple and easy.

"Now now. What should I wear?" She softly mumbled to herself as she tapped her index finger on her chin. It shouldn't be that hard due to the fact that only half her wardrobe was neatly placed and hanged in her closet, the other half still waiting to be taken out of her suitcase. She had unpacked everything else deciding that she would leave the easy thing for last, but being too exhausted from the 26 hour trip she made from Texas all the way to New York had definitely taken a toll on her. After 3 long hours of unpacking she had opted to lay on her bed for a few minutes, deciding on a very well deserved rest, but the moment her head had hit the mattress she was out until her dad had come in at dinner time to announce that dinner was ready only to find her sprawled all over the bed. She had eaten dinner but still being too tired she didn't even bothered to finish unpacking instead heading straight to her bed.