Chapter 1:Arrival

It starts now, this long chapter where you finally get to see what the world is.  You don't know where you're going yet, just a blueprint of the life you want.
This new chapter is college.

"Be careful and drive safe, call me when you're there." Your mom says, handing you your bags. She pulls your suitcase, following you to the door.
"Yes, I know. I will, ma." You say, over your shoulder, stepping out of the doorway. Outside it's warm and the breeze is smooth. Your mom drags your suitcase down the steps and rolls it to the car. You finish piling your belongings into your trunk and give her a hug before turning and walking to your car door. Once you get in, you wave to your mom and slowly pull out of the driveway.

Once you arrive, you pull into a free spot in the lot. Once you're parked you sit back in your seat and take a deep breath. A hundred thoughts race through your mind as you gather your things. You grab your bag and your keys and walk towards the building. Once inside you walk to the front counter to get your key.
"Good afternoon! What can I do for you love?" The woman says, giving you a warm smile. She was at most, 5'3, and had short curly grey hair. She had psychedelic colored dress on and smelled of roses.
You grin and read her name tag.
"Well, Anne I need to check in for my key to my dorm."
"Okie dokie, I just need your name and we can get you set." She says going to the computer to search your name for your dorm.
"Y/F/N." You say, checking your phone reading a text. After a moment Anne turns back  to you.
"Alrighty, you're all set, dorm 231. Have a good day!" She says and smiles.
"Thank you!"

When you arrive in the dorm you notice your roommate hasn't arrived yet so you pick your side and set your bags at the end of the bed. You lie down and close your eyes for a second. After a minute or two the door creaks open and someone speaks aloud.
"Hello."
You open your eyes and sit up, taking a look at the stranger in front of you. He smiles at you.
"Oh, hey. I guess we're roommates." You say, studying his face and admiring his dimples.
"That's cool. I'm Mikey." He introduces himself, walking towards you and holding out his hand. You reach out and shake it, nodding in acknowledgment.
"I'm Y/N."
"Well, we should probably get to know each other right?" He says, carrying the rest of his bags through the door and to his side of the room.
"That sounds great, but I have to go get the rest of my bags from my trunk." You say standing up.
"I can come help you carry it in if you'd like?" He questions.
"Oh no, you don't have to." You say laughing breathily. "You have stuff to carry, too." You remind him.
"We'll make a deal, I'll help you and you can help me." He suggests, smiling.
"Okay, that works." You agree returning the smile.
"Alright." He claps and walks towards you. "Let's do this!"
He follows you into the hallway and you begin walking towards the door.
"So, what are you majoring in?" He asks, looking at you and slightly raising his eyebrow.
"I'm studying | Art/ Psychology / Teaching / Marine Biology |" You respond, nodding your head in self recognition.
"What about you?" You ask?
"Well, I'm aiming to be a film major." He says, pretending to hold a camera and film you. You smile and make faces at the imaginary camera and shake your head.
"That's really cool, though. Cinematography is beautiful when it's done right." You state.
"I've made some films, if you want to check them out?" He asks, looking at you and holding the door open.
You step out and nod, giving him a small smile and directing him towards you car. You pop the trunk and Mikey opens in. He grabs some of your boxes and bags and leaves some for you to carry. Once you have both gathered your possessions. You make the walk back to your dorm.

After two trips out side you're finally settled into your dorm and ready to unpack.

"

"What's your room number?" She asks turning. You looking down at the key on your hand. The number was slightly faded and the ridges seemed to be coming less sharp.

"152" you struggle. She laughs and takes you to your room. You smile and wave away. Sitting down you pull your phone from you pocket. After about 10 minutes you decide to explore your room. There are 2 beds, 1 bathroom and a small TV. A knock on the door interrupts you and you turn your head. Hope is laughing and walks in with another girl. You smile and wave. You thought it was kind of weird that Hope randomly came in but she was your only friend.

"Oh sorry Y/N this is Mel..." She laughs. Mel waves at you and smiles. Everyone stops when The door opens slowly.

"Oh sorry I must have the wrong room." The guy laughs awkwardly. You open the door and look up. In front you is Mikey Murphy. You feel your heart jolt. You try not to jump for joy as he looks at you. You takes cautious steps towards him. You reach for the key and turn it over.

"This is 152...and that's what your key says...so you're in the right room." You laugh. You can feel your face heat up. The girls slip out as he enters. You smile up at him.

He looks at you and laughs awkwardly. His circle glasses frame his face and his perfect eyes.

"Well then" you laugh. He smiles and begins to untense. You watch as he moves slow.
"Hey person?"

"What?" He asks. You laugh as he turns to look at you.

"I like your glasses" You grin. He smirks and continues to unpack.

Your head shoots up to the door as a knock comes from the other side. Mikey yells for them to come in and 3 boys clamber inside. Someone whistles from behind you. You blush slightly.

"Hey...uhm. This is my roommate" It's clear no one knows your name. You turn and laugh.
"I'm in Y/N"
They all greet you and you learn that the three boys are Tristan,Luke and Chris. Tristan's hair was tasseled like it had just been washed and air dried. His eyes were a bright blue and his hair was a dark brown. Luke had blonde hair perfectly styled and his eyes were a bright blue and his smile was amazing. Something about Chris seemed off to you, but other wise he was adorable. His eyes were a brown and his hair was curly and came down to his eye on one side. A smiler etched your lips.