Prologue

Hey guys, this is the teaser of my new book Backwards Lovers. There is drama, back stabbing, and heart breaking moments, so vote and comment if you want more! Every chapter will switch between Jacob's and Ethan's POV, I'll mark which one is which so it doesn't get confusing. This one is Jacob's POV.

~~~

Two Years Ago: 8th Grade

I was in Science trying to do my homework that was due in five minutes. I would have gotten it done last night if it wasn't for football practice. It took all night. Greg, my best friend, was trying to talk to me but I kept on pushing him away, "No Greg, I'm trying to work."

"Why? I didn't do it. Practice took forEVER," he said, leaning back in his seat putting his hands behind his head. What he didn't know was that I thought he was really... really hot when he did that.

"Jacob, why are you doing your homework in class. its called HOMEwork for a reason," Mrs. Green said, looking up from her desk, "If football is going to get in your way of doing your work, I'm going to talk to the coach about taking you off the team."

Almost everyone gasped and looked at her wide eyed, then the whispering started, She can't do that. Isn't he the quarterback? Can she do that? "Sorry Mrs. Green, I'll try my best to do my work next time," I said, chuckling to Greg.

I just got done with the last problem when someone knocked on the door, no one ever knocks on the door. I looked up and there was a guy in a body tight white V-neck and black jeans, "Um, is this Mrs. Green's science class?" he asked.

Mrs. Green waved him to come to her, he did and she put her hand out, "Hi, I'm Mrs. Green, you must me Ethan?"

"Yes ma'am," he smiled, shaking her hand.

"One second Ethan," she said, and went to stand in front of the class, "class, this is Ethan, he is new to our school. Um, Ethan you can sit..." She looked at her clipboard and looked at Greg, "Greg get back to your seat now!" The class laughed as Greg put his hands up defeat and stood up, walking to his regular seat. "Ok Ethan, you will be sitting next to Jacob," I waved and Ethan walked to his new seat.

"Hi, I'm Jacob," I said, holding my hand out.

He shook it and sat down, "I'm Ethan." Through out the period I haven't been able to keep my eyes off him for more then five minutes. He was so... Perfect.

The bell rang and I stood up to fast, my stuff falling out of my arms and onto the ground. Great Jacob, just great. Ethan put his stuff down and helped me get my stuff. "Oh Ethan, you don't need to help me. I don't want you to be late to class."

"It's fine," he smiled, handing me my test book. Our hands touched and I felt a spark. I know I sound like a old chick flick but I never felt anything like that before.

My next class was math with Mr. Swon, he is actually one of the teachers that like me. I walked in and saw Ethan at a empty table, I quickly sat down next to him, knowing Mr. Swon wouldn't mind, "Hey there," I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"So we have Science and Math together? We better stay on each other's good sides," Ethan said, making me chuckle a little before Mr. Swon came into the room.

"Good morning class, as you may already know we have a new student, Ethan, would you like to introduce yourself?" Ethan shook his head, "Ok, anyway, we are going to learn about..." I tuned out and faced Ethan.

"So, like any sports?" I asked, he looked like he played a sport.

"Yeah, well, some people don't call it a sport but it is," he said, smiled a little.

"What is it?"

"Cheerleading," he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"You're gay?" I whispered, surprised.

He shook his head, "You don't have to be gay to be a cheerleader you know. You get to left girls up, touch things you wouldn't be able to touch, I've been in cheerleading sense I was about five, it's just something I like to do," he smiled.

"Oh, I respect that. I'm just not sure how the rest of the school will react to that," I said and faced the front of the class.

"How about you? Do any sports?"

"I'm quarterback," I said, smiling. We didn't really talk for the rest of the class period, and the bell was about to ring.

"Are you going to drop your stuff again?" he said, smirking at me.

"Shut up," I said, but I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Ok class, Page 234-235 numbers 1-17 for homework, numbers 18-26 for extra credit," Mr. Swon said, sitting down at his desk as the bell rang.

The rest of the day went by and it turns out Ethan and I have three out of five classes together.

~~~

That night I couldn't sleep, I was to busy thinking about Ethan. I think I have a crush on him... a huge one...