FOUR.

FOUR ; SPENCER

FOUR ; SPENCER.

They're nervous.

It's an uncommon feeling for the group, but whether or not the team members would admit it to each other, the anxious pit in their stomachs continued to grow.

They're proficient in the ways they conceal their apprehension. But they each have tells.

The quiet yet rapid 'one-two-one' rhythm of Kyle Masters's index finger against the van's interior. The subtle action of Lucas Nelson biting the inside of his cheek. The sudden twitch of Joseph Lawrence's left eye. These motions are subdued, but able to be seen by someone with a keen eye.

A keen eye is also necessary to see the small splatter of blood on Lawrence's grey sweatshirt.

The stain's been mostly removed, the chlorine bleach Nelson mustered up having done its job to the best of it's ability. The slight pink hue can only be seen if you're looking close. It would have to do. Quinn had always been the best with messes. They would have to adapt.

They know they shouldn't have killed Peterson.

But they also know it was necessary. He would have told his team that they had been looking for information. The contradictory statements rattled around in the heads of the Horsemen, making them think about the situation for a longer time than they had hoped for.

This is dangerous. Doubt is dangerous.

Lawrence knows he has to keep his counterparts in check. Masters is on the brink of breaking. Between having Quinn Carson taken into custody and The FBI tracing them, his head was spinning. The hacker's weakness was pressure. No matter how hard Nelson had trained him, given the right circumstances, Masters would crack. The FBI would use this to their advantage.

Nelson was nervous as well. He had established the threats in Quinn's mind; he'd made sure of that. But, like Lawrence, the amount of faith he put into the girl was limited. He didn't know whether or not she would give into the FBI. From what they had seen through the cameras, she'd followed the team's orders.

But now they had moved her. To a room without cameras.

Lawrence closed his eyes for a moment. This would work. It would have to. For the first time in seven years, he had to believe in Quinn Carson.

The Horsemen had to put faith into her. Because if they didn't, the plan wouldn't work. If they didn't, the three men wouldn't be able to complete their final case.

If they didn't, the three men couldn't finish what they had started.

-----

"The police just found Timothy Peterson in his apartment," Garcia told the team through the speaker of her phone. "Shot once in the leg, twice in the head-"