Chapter 23

"Yes!" I yell. Jake puts the ring on my finger. "Congratulations." Emily says as she hugs us both. "Thank you." I say. "Hey Leah Emily. Are you two ok with being brides maids?" I ask. "Of course." Emily says. "Do I have to wear a dress?" Leah asks. Emily and I laugh. "Abby let's go out on the porch." Jake says. We walk out onto the porch and sit on the swing. "I'm so excited." I say. "Me too." Jake says back. "I don't think I can wait till I finish school to marry you." I say. Jake wraps his arms around my waist. "I've waited my whole life to meet you and marry you. I think you can wait two more years." He kisses me. I kiss back. After two more hours of the party Jake takes me back home. "I'll see you tomorrow ok?" He says. "Ok bye." I get out of the car and go into the house. Aunt M is passed out on the couch. I put a blanket over her. I go up to my room and put my engagement ring in my jewelery box. I don't want anything to happen to it. I lay down in my bed. I drift off to bed dreaming of my wedding day.
**6 Months later**
It's been 6 months since Jake came back and since I got engaged. We've been secretly planning our wedding. Well with a little help from the pack and from the Cullens. Jake had mixed feelings about inviting them. But I finally convinced him. Oh Emmett found a new mate and get this....... it's my friend Maya. She got mauled by a mountain lion and was on the brink of death. Emmett found her and changed her. Sure I was mad at first but I didn't want her to die. I finally let it go. Before Emmett she was living in a foster home all alone. The only ones she had were me and Lexi. I'm really happy she has Emmett now. Any how me and Jake are planning our wedding. It's Christmas time so we're juggling the holidays and a wedding. Oh what fun. I'm spending the holidays with Jake. His dad bought a log cabin not far from La Push for us. Cool isn't it? It's cozy. I've always wanted to live in a log cabin. Jake says once we're married we can move in here. It's a pretty decent size. It has 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms. Nice huh? Anyway Jake went into town to pick up some supplies. I stayed behind. "Where is that freaking delivery guy?" I ask myself. I ordered Jake a whole bunch of stuff for christmas. New clothes, jewelry,  cologne stuff like that. I know it sounds expensive but I've been saving up from my job. I work at a book store in town. The job pays decent money. Anyway I have most of the stuff put away under the bed but there's one more thing I've got for him. I had it made especially for him. I hear a car pull up. "Finally." I get up and open the door. "You Abby?" The delivery guy asks. I nod. He hands me a clipboard with papers to sign. I sign them and he hands me the box. "Thanks." I say closing the door. I run into the bedroom and hide it. "Babe. I'm home." I hear Jake yell. I meet him in the living room. "Is it snowing outside?" I ask. "Yeah its starting to." We kiss. My phone goes off. I pick it up. My sister sent me a pic of her daughter. 'Oh my gosh she's so cute!' I reply. "Jake look at my niece." I show him the pic. He smiles "She's a cutie." He wraps his arms around my waist. "I wish we could have a baby." I say. "In do time baby. In do time." Jake says. He kisses my head. We then cuddle on the couch and watch Christmas movies.
**Christmas day**
"Wake up babe. It's Christmas." Jake says as he kisses my neck. I open my eyes. "Good morning." I say. Jake throws me over his shoulder and takes me into the living room. We give each other our gifts. He keeps asking me how I afforded all his gifts. I tell him not to worry about it. He got me some clothes, perfume and jewelry. Basically the same thing I got him. "Jake there's one more thing I have for you." I go get the box. Jake opens it and pulls out the marble plaque. It has a wolf on it. It says 'Jacob and Abby. Soulmates, best friends, husband and wife. Now and forever.' "Oh my God. It's beautiful. Thank you babe." "Your welcome." He wraps his arms around me. We sit in front of the fire place and stare into the fire. "I love you." "I love you too."

**Author note**
The ring in the description is Abby's engagement ring.