(2)

Hey guys!

So apparently people were shocked with how I began the last chapter. Whoops lol.

Enjoy xxx

<><><><>

"No." Alex says bluntly.

"You won't even think about it?" I groan, as I chuck another plastic cup into the trash. Because apparently you have to clean up after your own birthday party.

"I already agreed to going down for the reunion." He whines. "For the weekend. Not a week."

"Why is it such a big deal?" I grit, sweeping away more crap. "Why do I have to practically force you to call home these days? What is this selfish, ignorant attitude you have these days?"

"It's my family, I can act how I want." He shoots back.

"Exactly!" I shout exasperated. "Your family! Act like it. Do you realise how much they love you?" He doesn't answer, staying silent.

"I get it." I shrug, giving up slightly. "The freedom up here is amazing. We have been so independent, I get it. But Alex, think about this." I drop my broom, walking closer to him.

"No." He says seriously.

"It'll be fun." I grin, as he backs away from me.

"Not happening." He says, a little unsure now. 

"It'll be a holiday." I beg. "I'm already on break, and you're not working. Why would we waste it?"

"But-" I cut him off.

"And during the reunion, if it's boring." I smirk, not quite believing I'm doing this. "We can go hiking, through that private place we found. By ourselves."

"Oh really?" He snorts, kissing me slightly, holding me.

"Of course." I grin. "No one to interrupt. How many times have your mates and my friends gotten in the way here? Back home, there are heaps of areas we can sneak off too."

"I guess Cole would kill me if I didn't make an appearance." He grumbles.

"I can spend more time with my Mom. And the road trip will be fun, five hours of good music." I finish. 

 I think I've guilt tripped him enough. If I haven't hooked him in by now, I'm gonna have to literally pull out my boobs.

"Fine." He groans dramatically. "We can leave today with the others." 

"Yes!" I grin, immediately letting him go. "Thank you baby, I promise you, you will have fun."

I spend the morning packing, while Alex ditches me to chill with his friends. I really hope this trip reminds him of what's important. I may love living here, by ourselves, having a life, but family is so necessary. Alex just got swept up in this world of partying, and doesn't want to leave it.

"So when are you coming back?" Dianne asks me. She studies the same course as me, and dates one of Alex's work mates, Paul, so she lives in the house with us.

"About 8 days." I shrug, packing more of Alex's underwear into his suitcase. "Maybe a little more. Depends how long I can keep Alex there."

"Good luck with that." She giggles. 

"If I have anything to do with it, we'll be gone for a lot longer than a week." I say determined. 

"I'll try to help you on my end." She grins. "If Paul can't call Alex, Alex won't remember how much he likes this place."

"Good luck on distracting him." I grumble. "Sometimes it feels like Alex is dating Paul, not me. They spend more time together than we do."

"I can distract him." She smirks. "Plenty of sex will solve that." 

"Have fun with that." I tease, before dragging Alex's suitcase, along with mine, out into the hallway. I can hear Alex and the guys playing video games, and I grunt in annoyance.

"Alex!" I call, needing help. "Can you take your suitcase please?"

"I'm busy!" He calls back. I narrow my eyes, is he kidding? I drag our bags into the living room, dumping our bags near the door. Nobody even takes their eyes off the TV screen. I'm not having this.

I stand in front of the TV, immediately receiving shouts from angry men. 

"Harper, move!" Alex says annoyed.

"Harper, move?" I question incredulously. "Are you joking with me?"

"Come on H." Paul smirks, trying to sweet talk me. "Alex will play with you later. Right now we're busy."

"Don't even start with me." I spit. "And don't call me that."

"Paul." Dianne smiles, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Turn that game off, and I can show you a better game." Paul grins, pulling her into his lap. 

"Can you wait?" He asks. "Alex is leaving soon."

"Exactly." I grit. "Alex, if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave soon."

"Fine." He sighs. "Just remember I'm doing this for you." He walks off to shower, and I turn the TV off, before collecting all my textbooks up from the coffee table.

"Harper, you have to let him make his own decisions." Paul tells me. "You can't force him to do stuff."

"I'm not the one influencing him." I spit back. "You are always whispering into his ear, making sure he puts you and the GUYS first."

"Well I'm sorry that we aren't are boring as you." He says, standing up. "All you do is complain, and whinge. No wonder Alex would rather spend time with us instead of you."

The doorbell rings, saving me from ripping him to shreds.

I give him a look, before letting Cole and the others in.

"Hey, hon." Zane hugs me, before passing me off to the others.

"How's the hangover?" Jake smirks. 

"I didn't drink last night." I grin. "Ask Alex."

"Where is he?" Cole asks.

"In the shower." I say. 

Awkward silence fills the air, so Cole try's to fill it.

"You must be Alex's workmates." He says, holding out his hand. Paul and the others grunt, before turning the T.V back on.

"I'm Dianne." She says, giving him a friendly smile. "Please excuse my boyfriends rudeness." 

Alex emerges, hair wet, backpack on his shoulders.

"Ready to go?" He asks me, giving me a kiss. 

"Yes." I smile. Cole and Zane carry our bags out to the car, while I say goodbye to Dianne and Alex fist pumps his friends.

"See you soon, man." Paul says. "Don't get too domesticated."

"I can assure you that won't happen." He rolls his eyes.

This is going to be a long trip.