Chapter 15

Percy's point of view

When I went back to my palace I knew I couldn't stay for long, because we will have to have a council meeting to question Khione and Zach, and decide what to do next. The best thing would be to figure out what happened to Thalia's tree and find a way to fix it.

Hopefully if we could get either khione or Zach to talk we might learn what was done to it. We also need to find out who The Titans, Giants, Khione, Zach and Annabeth are working for, otherwise we may not be able to win this war if we don't know who our enemy is. I sat down and decided to think about what I already know and see if I can at least come up with a guess of who it might be.

I considered the fact that the titans and giants are back, I fought Hyperion and the last time I saw him Tartarus was destroying him and Krios. Obviously someone had brought them back somehow. My guess is only a primordial would have the power to bring them back. Gaea and Ouranos can't because they were defeated, trapped in their domains unable to take on a humanlike form. But there are many others.

My thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock on the door. Not bothering to get up I said, "Come in,"

 the door opened and my dad entered the room, I wasn't sure if he had heard about Christina's death or why he was here, but he sat down in the chair across from me. I tried to look calm and not reveal how I was really feeling. "How are you doing," he asked me.

 I answered, "Fine, a bit tired but fine."

He must have seen through my charade because he asked, "What happened?" 

I asked myself why he can always tell when I'm hiding something. I wanted to say that I would tell him later, but I figured he would rather hear it from me than Hades. Speaking of my uncle I would have to talk to him and make sure she gets Elysium.

I sighed and said, "Christina died,"

 his face saddened at the news, he and Mom always visited her when they could. Somehow I managed to tell him what happened without breaking down into tears. Dad and I talked for a while longer until we were summoned to a council meeting.

When we got there I just stared straight ahead waiting for the meeting to begin. But then Hades spoke to me. He said, "She's in Elysium, they were going to put her in asphodel but I made sure she got Elysium."

 I said, "Thank you Uncle." 

He said "That was only a small favor compared to what I owe you for getting me my throne." 

I managed a small smile and said, "it was only right that you have one." 

By this time everyone had arrived and Zeus spoke, he said, "We have emerged victorious from the first battles of this new war, however in order to ensure our victory we first need to discover who is rising up against us, and what they have done to my daughter's tree."

He looked at me and said, "Perseus, you managed to capture two traitors during the battles." 

I nodded and summoned the two to the throne room. When they appeared I noticed Hera was glaring daggers at Khione, while my dad was giving Zach a death glare.

We questioned the two on who they were working for and their plans, we also questioned them about what had happened to Thalia's tree. They wouldn't reveal much, but they did tell us two useful things, one thing they did reveal was who our latest enemy was and once it was revealed it made perfect sense, and when they said it I'm sure I was as pale as Hades, and I would know since my throne is right beside his.

The primordial that we were facing this time was Tartarus. He must have brought back the titans and giants, convincing them to serve him. They didn't reveal what motives he would have to want to attack, and try to take over the world. Khione also bragged about how she had frozen Thalia's tree, we were all furious, and we weren't quite sure how to fix it.

After we finished questioning them Zeus sent Khione to one of the gods' prisons after temporarily taking away her ability to teleport. The debate about what to do with Zach lasted longer; some of us were in favour of killing him for his crimes while others were in favour of imprisoning him. The next few days were a blur; I just went through the motions trying to remain strong and not look weak. By the third day I knew that I had to do something that would keep Luke's mind of Christina and try and keep my mind off her as well. I went to camp and told Chiron what I was planning, after that I went to get Luke.

I led him to the beach and started walking out into the water, I could have just teleported us to our destination, but I wanted him to get more practice with his water abilities. I hoped this visit would cheer him up a little. Using my powers I quickly headed for my dad's palace. Luke followed me.