115

phil unlocked the door and pushed it open, allowing dan to walk in first. he followed behind him, placing the bags on the floor and watching as dan's eyes roamed all over the place. with every step forward, into phil's house, dan could feel it. he could feel the nostalgia in every object, from the door where he cried on to, the couch where they cuddled. he traced his fingertips against the textured wall, remembering the way phil's clammy hands grabbed his flushed cheeks and phil's soft lips touched his for the first time. he noticed the anime dvd's scattered on the main table and two coffee mugs resting, just like when he left. it was surreal, when he walked further, into the kitchen, that he could feel the hurtful words coming back and stabbing him in the chest. he was almost unable to breathe at the sight of rotten milk all over the counter, a glass bowl shattered on the floor and a cereal box laying flat, soaked in milk.

phil carefully watched dan, noticing the uncomfortable look on dan's face as he stood in front of the messy counter and phil just sighed, walking up to him and wrapping his arms around dan's torso from behind, resting his chin on dan's shoulder. dan leaned back tiredly against phil, shutting his eyes to stop the flashbacks.

"i am so sorry for that day," dan mumbled, a lump growing in his throat but phil just smiled at him slightly, kissing his cheek and turning dan around to face him. he softly grabbed dan's warm cheeks between his hands, kissing his forehead once before pulling him to his chest.

"it's okay, i'm glad you are here,"

"me too," dan just pushed his arms around phil's waist, holding him as close as possible. he felt really guilty for whatever happened the last time he was here. if he could just talk to phil about it, be relevant and rational nothing like this would've happened. they would've been okay. everything would've been okay.

"i'm sorry about the mess," phil crinkled his nose, causing dan to giggle softly, and shaking his head.

"it's okay, i'll clean it, i made it anyways," dan's cheeks flushed as he remembered his ratchet actions. he can't believe how bad he fucked up that day, creating a mess out of the whole kitchen and their relationship just because he was slightly overwhelmed with the idea of leaving phil. he felt so selfish, and his actions that time were inexplainable that nothing could convince him that he had a reason behind his actions. he just couldn't come up with anything except that he wanted to stay with phil and not go home back to his parents.

"we'll think about that later," phil yawned, snapping dan out of his thoughts and pressing his forehead against dan's. "can we sleep now? i'm really tired,"

"of course babe," dan unlatched himself from phil's body and grabbed his hand, walking to the bedroom. the bedroom was just the same except for the stench of alcohol lurking in the room, and the extremely crumpled sheets. dan felt sorry, not for phil but for himself. it was his fault that phil had been drinking, and he couldn't imagine what phil went through this whole time. he was so selfless and loving and dan could easily trust him with anything in the world. he was so dependant on phil and he did not mind it because right now, phil was his only support system.

"sorry the house is just," phil sighed, kicking the empty bottle of vodka under his bed, and scratching the back of his neck nervously. he did not want to welcome dan to their home like this. if he just had some more time, he could fix it up so it at least looked decent and there are much more welcoming things than a haywire kitchen and a stinking bedroom.

"it's fine," dan smiled at him reassuringly, climbing into phil's bed, and laying on the familiar sheets. he did not mind the condition of the house at all, he was happy to be here. he just felt warm in this small apartment. even though the temperature was extremely low and uncomfortable, dan felt warm. just phil's presence made everything feel like home.

"i feel like a douche," phil pouted, crawling in beside dan tiredly, and nuzzling his face in dan's neck, the comforting and familiar sweet scent he had been craving for making him dizzy in the span of a few seconds.

"don't worry, just go to sleep," dan wrapped his arm happily around phil's shoulders, holding him close and pulling the duvet up to cover them both. he loved the way phil's head rested on his chest, his lips pressed against his neck and the way phil's arms wrapped around his waist making him feel safer than he actually was.

"goodnight baby," phil mumbled exhaustedly, placing a sloppy kiss against dan's jaw and falling asleep almost instantly, and dan just sighed of of relief, relaxing in phil's grip and allowing his body to finally be at rest.

--
HAPPY BIRTHDAY D-SLICE ❤️👅
SWEET JESUS HE'S 25 I'M SO

alSO THANKS FOR 50k OH MY GOD????