Airhead 6

Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Dear Journal,

            Today I picked up my brother from the airport.  He had brought along a friend named Matthew Lengings.  I didn’t know that he was coming but I guess that’s the whole surprise for your sister huh?  I know I shouldn’t be having a crush on him but I can’t shake the feeling that I am, it’s something I haven’t had in a while so it different for me, then to any other girl.  I haven’t had these feelings since him and I didn’t ever intend to either.  I mean yeah guys have hit on me every day but I didn’t give them another look…..’

“Kat, what are you doing?” my brother asked now in the room.

I slammed my book down and said, “Don’t you ever knock?”

“No.”

“Figures.”

“But, what are you doing?”

“Writing, you know the usual.”

 “But I’m here!” he whined like a five year old.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re here or not,” I matched his tone, “I’m still going to write because it’s what I love to do.”

“Fine, but don’t come crying to me when you miss something like Matt saying he likes yo…,” he said stopping himself before he said something he doesn’t want to, “your house.”

“What were you about to say?”

“I was about to say what I just told you I was about to tell you,” he lied.

“No, you weren’t I know when you’re about to say something but stop yourself before you get the chance to say anything at all.”

“Damn it!”

“So, what were you about to say?”

“It’s not my place to say Matt has to tell you.”

“Okay whatever how about we go out to a club tonight?”

“Sure, but Matt will become drunk and do something completely stupid and tell you his feelings or something.”

“Oh, so he’s like you when he gets drunk he’ll say stuff that is the complete truth and that he won’t say to you when he’s sober and then will regret it in the morning?”

“Exactly, that’s how he got his first girlfriend while I was away,” he said, “he was completely wasted and told her that he really liked her and wanted to go out with her and a bunch of other things like she was pretty and that you were the ugliest person in the world and what not but she didn’t believe him and broke up with him right after because she thought that he had a girl at home just waiting to have you home and that she was just a one night stand but then next day he went to her apartment and apologized and said everything he said that night was completely true and that he didn’t even know you, and so they ended up dating and now we’re here.”

“Are they still dating?”

“No, he broke it off.”

“Why?”

“She cheated on him.”

“Oh, okay, well go get Matt then.”

“Okie Dokie.”