Chapter 28

Bailey

I wake up alone in the bed knowing I probably slept in really late because I have been doing that lately. I get up and get dressed and ready, I walk down stairs and into the kitchen and eat some cereal somebody had left out. I walk outside and look at Skylar running around with a toy airplane in hand and I see Gage and Carl talking to each other.

"Hey!" I say walking up to them "Where is all the grown ups?" I asked looking around "My dad and Daryl found a guy yesterday and are talking to him with some other people there talking about his set up and all his people they call it the hill top." he says looking at me "Thanks." I said smiling at him. "How you feeling?" I asked the boy who was injured about two months ago "Good, really good actually." "That's great." I said a big smile on both of our faces. "Watch Skylar?" I asked looking at Gage and he nodded his head "Sure thing mom." he said smirking and I punched him in the arm "Watch it or ill ground you." I said winking and then finally walking away.   

I walked into the run they were all talking in and I leaned against the wall listening in on the conversation. They talked about going to the hill top to talk about trading and he said he would take us there so we knew it wasn't a trap and everyone at the table agreed. Everyone was leaving the room to get ready for the trip and Rick was about to walk past me. 

"Im going Rick." and he looked at me "You sure your ready?" "Yes its been two months and im fine." I said convincing him. "Fine." he finally said and I smiled and nodded at him, and he left the room. Everyone was now out of the room besides the man, Daryl, and I. Daryl walked over to me "Can you watch him I have to get the RV ready?" he asked "Can do boss." I said smiling at him and he left. I sat down and looked at the stranger.

"Jesus." he said and I raised an eyebrow at him "That's what they call me, my name is Jesus." "Bailey." I said "Tell me more about your group." he said "Tell me more about yours." I countered "okay i will if you go first." he said and then I sighed and went to tell him about the people in our group and he did the same.

"Were ready." Rick said "Okay." I said standing up and walking past him to outside. I went and grabbed a gun and walked back outside and walked to the boys "hey guys i'm going on a run with some of our people and Daryl okay? Listen to Carol and don't give anyone trouble, that means behave. I love you both" I said giving them both the eye and kissing the tops of their heads and walking away to the RV and went inside there, I looked out the window and Denise was giving Daryl a rice cake looking thing and I smiled knowing they were forming a special bond. He walked into the RV and sat next to me "you like her." I said smirking at him and he scoffed at me "I'm glad your bonding with someone." I said giving him a toothless grin. 

We started moving and I fell asleep on Daryl's lap and then I was being awoken suddenly when people started freaking out. I jumped up and tried figuring out what was going on and then everyone started running outside. I saw a car flipped and Jesus was freaking out, it was some of his people.

"I have tracks." Daryl said looking at the ground "Okay Maggie, Bailey, you stay and guard Jesus, the rest of us follow Daryl. Lets go." and the quickly left "Well that was a way to wake up." I said and Maggie laughed. Jesus continued to freak out "Jesus I know its scary but if anyone is going to find your people its going to be Daryl." I said trying to calm him "Shes right." Maggie added. 

Soon they came back and Jesus was relieved. We all climbed back in the RV again and was on our way shortly. I was sitting on the couch and I realized i left my knife at home "ugh." I grunted "What?" Daryl asked from beside me "I forgot my knife." I said "Here take this." he said fishing in his pocket and giving me his favorite hinting knife "I can't take that." I said "Take it Bailey. I also have Beth old one so its fine." he said and I took it out of his hand and shoved it in my boot. 

The Rv got stuck and everyone got out"That's the hilltop."  Jesus said pointing at a big wall with people guarding it. The people had spears and they demanded we gave them our guns but Jesus said we could keep them and his group ran out of ammo awhile back. The gates opened and you could see a mansion like building and little side makeshift buildings on the sides."The building was a historic museum." Jesus explained to us.  We walked to the mansion and walked inside "Wow." Maggie said beside me "Right?" I asked in disbelief.

A man walks to our group "This is Gregory our group leader." Jesus says "Tidy up and then we can talk." Gregory says "We didn't come to get clean, we just need to talk."Rick says "We will after you clean yourselves up." He says Jesus will show you were you can tidy yourselves up and feel free to do so." He says grinning at us.

"Maggie and I walk up the stairs together and Rick comes up to us "Maggie you need to talk to him." "Aren't you going to?" she asked "No hes pissing me off and i don't want to loose my cool talking to him. Plus you do it better than I do." he says "fine." she sighs and looks at me "Hes right we don't want him punching him now do we?" I said laughing.