-Chapter 12-

When we finally find my truck...I take out my keys, hit the unlock button and hop in the drivers seat. It's been three days since I got to drive my pickup, hence the stupid grin on my face when Vee looks at me.
"You act like you haven't been in your truck for three months instead of three days!"
"Shut up! It's a car thing you wouldn't understand seeing how you don't have one." I say as I back out of the tight parking spot and head towards the exit and turn left onto the open road.

It's a silence ride for like the first 10 minutes with just the stereo
blaring "D&G" off the Black Flag album and me singing along.
"Hey this song is your ringtone!" Vee says as she listens.
"Yeah..." I smile.
We're about four streets and two right turns away from the apartment complex I live in when something hits me...
"Yo what fucking time is it?" I turn down the music and look at the clock on my radio, twenty minutes to two.
"What the fuck?" Vee says, I break checked and didn't even notice.
"Oh shit...sorry..." I apologize as I lift my foot off the break. "Dude I'm going to a concert tonight...how you gonna stay near me? Do you want to come to the concert? I gotta go to the bank, I can get you a ticket."
"Shit, can you believe I forgot all about that shit?"
"Actually I can. As much as you dye your hair you can still tell your a blonde." this comment gets me a hard punch in the arm.
"Anyway, nah you ain't got to get me a ticket. I'll just ride with you to Cleveland and we can go half on a hotel room for the night or weekend. Whatever you feel like doing."
I nod my head in agreement. "One thing though...how is your broke ass gonna go halves on a hotel room when you ain't got no money?" I ask as we stop at another red light, taking this chance to look at her.
"Bitch I got money! Remember that paycheck I've been waiting for?"
"Yeah the one they been holding for the longest from the job you quit like four months ago?"
"Yes that be the one. I finally went up there and got it!"
"Damn. Okay so you got money. But do you realize that a hotel room is gonna cost like 150 dollars for two days? Or 175?" I inform her.
"Okay my check ain't that much so if you can handle the hundred part I got the other part?"
"Alright, bet. But what you gonna do while I'm gone?"
"Shiiiittt I'm gonna sleep. Or something. And I'm gonna be calling you like every two hours and texting ya phone like every other hour!" she laughs.

We pull into my apartment parking and I park the pickup in its usual spot and hop out. We take our time getting to the fourth floor, well more like fight our way. It's Friday, there's always hell of a lot of people walking up and down theses staircases on Fridays. I push people out of my way and make it to my floor where there is someone standing in front of my door talking to my neighbor, NeKe.
I take a deep breath. "Excuse me".
"Can I help you?" you can smell his forty on him.
"Yeah dude, uh you're standing in front of my door?"
"Oh and what you gonna do?"
I didn't answer him because I was cut off by NeKe. "Keon move your drunk black ass out the damn way! That's my crazy white girl Harley. Don't be talking to her like that! I'm sorry Harls."
"Its cool Kee. Now I'm gonna be real nice dude. I need you to move away from my door.." Staring the dude down as I said this.
He finally moved and I went to my door with Vee behind me as I jiggled the handle and the door popped open. I stepped aside and let Vee slip in before I slammed the door shut again.

"Damn that dude stunk!" Vee comments as she plops down on the couch.
"He was drunk..."
"Yeah but you handled it well. Look at my girl being all calm and
nice!" she teased.
"There is guys like him all over Baltimore. When you're the only white person in your high school besides two other teachers you pick up a few things. Like how to let people know you're not a whimp."
"Yeah I remember you telling me. Anyway I got a surprise for you!" she jumps up walks into my room and comes back with a black gift bag. "I swear I didn't plan anything it just happened, by the way."
"What are you talking bout?"
"Just open it and you will see!" she laughed at how confused I was.
Either way I sat down and she handed me the bag. Inside was a I Love My Sister card that read:

"Dear Harley, aka My sister/My twin!
Well Harley if you're reading this means you're home and if you got your way! It's Friday, the day of the concert of your dreams. I've known you almost six years. And I know the things you hold dear to you. At the moment that's your family and MGK. Now me being the fashion designer in this friendship I got you some things I know your gonna love! And it goes good with tonight! Enjoy!
-Vee! <3"