Chapter twenty-one

The last few days flew by without much happening. When I went to talk to Denishqua, she had disappeared and I haven't seen her since. Hopefully she never comes back. That'll tick something off of my list of worries. Violet and Ian have been chatting in school and texting a little out. She's surprisingly taking my advice and taking things slow. Not that I' saying they're going to get together in the end. Though with how well they get along and by the obvious physical attraction to each other, my bet is that they will.

It's finally Friday. Do you know what that means? In exactly three days, I will be spending all day by Mr Jacobs' side and staying at his house. Day one of heaven out of fourteen. My stomach flutters every single time I think about it. My palms become sweaty and I can't think straight with it on my mind. He has the most immense impact on me, I find myself not being able to control it. During the past four days I have had a conversation with him exactly six times. But who's counting?

Speaking of the handsome devil. I watch in admiration as he effortlessly bounces down the few steps leading from the front office. What would my life be without him? Would it be any different? If it was, it wouldn't be for the better. I catch eyes with him, causing me to instantly look away in slight embarrassment. Actually why should I look away? If I want to show him how I really feel, I should be confident in how I do it. I dare to look at him again to see him already looking. He's walking in my direction.

"Are the plans still on track to come to mine?" he asks casually as he stands above me. Always so casual.

"Of course," I simply reply. I could almost imagine that this was a conversation between a couple planning a date. Maybe one day it could be.

"Do you have any questions at all?" he asks, taking a seat in front of me on the long chair. I just then realise I have my legs on either side of the chair and he's sitting the same way, only about fifty centimetres in front of me. Doesn't he know how bad this looks? Couples get in trouble from the teachers for this sort of thing all the time.

I think deeply for a second about his question. "Well I was wondering, would I have to pay for any food or anything?"

"No of course not, you're my much welcomed guest for the fortnight. All you need are clothes, necessities, a book to take notes in and pen to write them. And yourself," he states. My much welcomed guest. Wow that sounded good hearing him say that.

"Thank you again sir. For letting me stay. It's making this so much more of an experience. And your house is amazing, so that's another thing to look forward to," I laugh lightly.

"Now we're going to have even more memories shared there," he smiles gently. I'm glad Vie called in sick today; otherwise this moment would have probably never happened. I'm just saying he wouldn't have talked like this if she were around.

"That we are," I smile.

"Speaking of what you need, have you packed everything yet?" he asks curiously.

"Yep, all done and ready for Monday."

"Are you nervous at all? Having to be in the field and boss people around," he says humorously.

"Is that your favourite part Jacobs? Bossing people around," I tease.

"Oh there are many benefits that come with teaching," he tells me, eyes flicking to my lips then back to my eyes. The movement was so quick I would have probably missed it if I had blinked. Did that mean anything? I think my heart just stopped working.

"Many benefits of having you as a teacher too." Shit, why did I just say that? I was caught up in the moment and it just came out. It was just like bam! Have that sir! Embarrass the fuck out of myself why don't I. I think my blush just told him how much I wish that didn't just come out. I mean it's not that bad of a thing to say. But after some of our private moments together, I'm pretty sure he would have taken it the way my sub-conscious wanted it to come out. Sexually and romantically all at the same time.

"You don't have to be embarrassed Jess, It's not the worst we've done," he tells me reassuringly. What is with him right now? I'm loving it, fuck I'm loving it. It's just he's acting as if he's not my teacher and I'm not his student. But isn't this what you wanted Jess? I guess I'm just so surprised by his openness in the middle of school during lunch. Anybody could walk past without us noticing because we've pretty much had eye contact this whole time. I look around us just to make sure nobody is watching. No one.

"I suppose you're right." Our relationship, or whatever it is, has come so far in the past month. It used to be just me having a major crush on him and constantly day dreaming of different scenes of us together. I didn't think he had any feelings for me. But now look, I know he feels something for me. And he knows I feel something for him. Why does our situation have to be so complicated?

"Well I better go, on playground duty. Those little kids are probably up to all kinds of mischief," he laughs lightly.

"Okay, see ya later sir."

"Bye Jess." I watch his lips as he speaks my name. It sends thrills all through my body. Only then do I realise how much I want to touch him, to be trapped in his arms. I don't mean anything sexual. Just a hug, a touch of his hand on mine. I'm craving it so much right now. I shoot my hand out and grab his as he stands up and starts walking. It's as I imagined it to be. Bliss and breath taking. I look up and meet his shocked eyes. But something lies behind them. As if he is yearning for something.

I pull my hand away and mutter my apology. "It's okay Jess, just careful when there are eyes around." He smiles and walks away, holding the hand I touched gently with the other. Nobody is looking at me or him any differently. Are these people blind or stupid?

Mr Jacobs is now under the large primary cola, where they're all eating their lunch. He's sitting at a table with some little kids, probably only about age six or seven. I watch with a smile as he talks to them so easily. His job is to watch over them yet he chooses every time to sit down with them while they eat and make them smile too. The smile across his face is pure and contagious as I find my own growing as I watch him. He's going to be a great father, it's clear to see that he wants kids one day. But I can't provide him that. Not yet anyway, I'm only just turning eighteen next week. Would he wait? Would we even still be together by then? That's if we get together in the first place. I've been thinking about it so much lately, that I keep thinking it's just going to happen. That we're going to be together from next week on. I have to slow down and face reality; he might not even want a relationship with me, his student.

Shut up with these negative thoughts Jess, what happens will bloody well happen. Just let it all flow. I'm so excited I can hardly contain it. With this work experience, I wonder if I'll be out here with him and sit next to him as he speaks to the littlies. Most likely. I hope I can keep up with him though, with helping him plan classes and mark etc. He'll understand anyway and help me. It's just what I can expect from such an amazing man. Man. Isn't that weird, I'm in love with a man. Holy shit! Did I just say I love him? That's not the part that surprises me though, it's the fact that I meant it. I love Ryan Jacobs. That's it, I'm going to make sure that by the end of work experience, he knows exactly how I feel about him. I'll tell him directly if I have to.

I'm sick of doing this little flirting thing or whatever it is between us. Of course I love to, it's just I want something more. My body yearns for him every day, the touch of his hands running up my body or his soft kisses against my skin. To talk with him at his house alone about anything at all. Just to hear his voice that much would be enough. I want it so bad. He needs to know I love him. Shit I said it again; love. It just sounds so weird.

Work experience is either going to end very good or very bad.