YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE - CHAPTER 4 - Jealousy

IF YOU LIKE MY STORY, PLEASE CLICK ON THE YELLOW BOX TO VOTE!

CHAPTER 4:

MICAH'S POV:

So this must be what Lily felt like two years ago when I rejected her. Watching Dante kiss her makes me feel like my heart is shattering. She was mine and I screwed it up. I didn't appreciate her and now she is someone else's.

Joseph who is on the varsity soccer team with me comes up to me and asks, "Dude, isn't that Dante Gallo?"

"Yes," I say through clenched teeth.

"Holy crap! He's awesome! He even played in the Olympics last year! Italy placed silver! Dude, I have to get his autograph," he says excitedly.

He runs out the front door and comes back with a soccer ball that he must have had in his car. Dante and Lily are still embracing, so he just stands there awkwardly. They final notice him and Lily also notices that the whole party is watching them. She blushes and says, "Oh hi Joseph."

"Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if Dante could sign my soccer ball," Joseph says.

"Sure I can. No problem," Dante says and pulls out a Sharpie marker. I guess he gets asked for his autograph a lot and just carries one around.

Some people at the party are asking who Dante is and if he is famous. I can hear the ones who know, explain it to the others.

Lily finally notices me standing here and gets a guilty look on her face.

Dante asks her, "Lillian, are you ready to leave? Did you drive the car I got you here?' Holy shit, he bought her the Maserati?

"Um no, I got a ride with my friend Micah," she says, looking down.

"Micah?" he asks.

She pulls him towards me and introduces us, "Dante, this is my oldest friend, Micah. Micah, this is my boyfriend, Dante." The word boyfriend is like a stab in the heart.

I feel like an idiot. I was just declaring myself earlier, basically asking her to be my girlfriend and she already has a boyfriend. A boyfriend that I cannot come even close to competing with. Jeez, I'm just a seventeen year old guy, still on the high school soccer team and this guy is in his early twenties and a world-famous professional soccer player. He bought her an entire car, for Christ's sake!

"It is very nice to meet you Micah, I remember Lily mentioning you now," Dante says while shaking my hand and smiling.

"Oh really? This is the first time she has mentioned you," I tell him smugly.

Lily blushes and says, "Well, you and I haven't had much of a chance to talk since I've come back Micah."

"That's true," I agree reluctantly.

"So Dante, how old are you exactly? I mean, Lily is only seventeen, and didn't her parents have a problem with you buying their seventeen year old daughter a luxury vehicle?" I ask him.

Lily looks embarrassed, probably because the people nearest us can hear every word we are saying. Dante looks at me with narrowed eyes. I hope I haven't given away my jealousy and bitterness with my questions. "I am twenty-one and you do not need to worry, I treat Lily like a lady. I met her parents when they visited her in Italy last January and again tonight when I went to her home. They know I have good intentions when it comes to their daughter. I spoke with them before I made arrangements to have the car waiting for her at their home when she came home from the airport. It was a surprise. I wanted her to have something to think of me everyday while we are apart," he then looks at Lily with a soft expression on his face.