19~Photograph

"So you aren't excited? You only have a few games left and you guys will make it to the Championship game." I asked Andy. We were sitting under a tree at the park across from his house, his guitar resting on his lap.

"I am. I'm just under a lot of pressure. The playoffs are killing us, Ari. Jensen was injured in the last game and nobody thinks he's going to be able to play." I nodded, running my thumb along his knuckles.

"We have to get some crappy rookie freshman for the quarterback spot now. I don't think we're going to make it." I looked back up at him, shaking my head.

"Stop thinking that way. You guys will be fine. You have a great defense." He sighed, resting his head back against the tree. After a few minutes of silence he picked his guitar up and grinned at me.

"Can you sing?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I've never really been told if I could or not." I muttered, thinking back to my singing sessions in the shower. He nodded and started strumming. He frowned when the tune went off, but once he started playing I immediately recognized the song as Photograph by Nickelback.

"Every memory of looking out the back door. I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor. It's hard to say, it's time to say it. Goodbye, goodbye."

I could feel my eyes fill with tears as Andy sang. He gave me a sad smile when he saw the tears in my eyes.

"Here's one that's not so sad." He started strumming but I didn't know what song it was.

"If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? If our love is insanity why are you my clarity? Why are you my clarity?"

"What song is that?" I asked, pushing his fingers away from the strings.

"Clarity by Zedd." He whispered. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was barely even paying attention to me.

"Andy, maybe we should go. I have homework." I started to stand up, but he grabbed my arm and dragged me back down to the ground.

"Don't leave." He breathed into my ear. I opened my mouth to say something, but decided not too. I nodded instead and laid my head against his shoulder.

"Don't leave me, okay?" He repeated, but this time I understood what he actually meant this time. I took his hand and stared at the bird a few feet in front of us.

"I won't." I whispered. I felt him relax against me and the two of us stayed under that huge oak tree until everyone at the park had disappeared and gone home.

**

"Hey! Long time no see, Little Mermaid!" I jumped, almost dropping the bread and milk in my hands. I turned to smile at Ryan, nodding. Lisa was beside him, looking down at her phone.

"Yeah, I guess it has been." I mumbled. It was Lisa who piped in then.

"So how are things with you and Loverboy?" She asked. I shrugged, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Okay, I guess. He's getting a lot better. He smiles a lot more." I told Ryan. He looked happy to hear about his cousin, but frowned when he saw the look in my eyes.

"But you're still worried about something." He guessed.

"I'm just worried about him getting hurt." I lied. He gave me a knowing look, nodding. I was actually kind of relieved when Lisa started talking again.

"Have you guys done anything yet?" She asked. I shook my head quickly.

"No. After what happen that night. . . he wants to wait until I ask him." They both nodded, and I knew we all remembered the night. The night that Andy had been drunk and tried to rape me.

"Did you ever hear anything back about your brothers stuff?" I shook my head, surprised by her question.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean Ryan's sister sent his stuff back to your house a week ago. You might want to see what happened to it." She gave me a half smile before she pulled Ryan away and they disappeared behind the long line of people.

***

I tapped my foot against the stair, my eyes on the road. Where the hell was Andy? I had called him like an hour ago.

"What's so important?" My head snapped up at his voice as he pulled up and parked behind my mom's car.

"This." I said, kicking the box on my porch lightly.

"What is it?" He asked, kneeling down in front of it.

"I don't know. I was waiting for you to open it." I told him, handing him my dad's box cutter. He took it and gently slid it across the top of the box. He dropped the box cutter to the ground as I knelt down on the sidewalk beside him. He paused as his hands reached to pull the box open.

"You ready to see what it is?" He asked, trying to lighten the mood. I nodded, even though deep down I was dreading the minute that Andy would open that box and what we would find inside of it.

***AN***

Sorry for the cliffhanger. . . ;)

Let me know what you guys thought!

~ChasingMadness24