Protection part 1

ASTRID POV

As I traveled at least two days with Tyr and Chusi we came across a small island. When we tried to get closer we were intercepted by another night fury. She screamed at us to leave but we refused, we asked her why she wanted us to leave so badly.

We had found that her name was Shadow-Mist she was black with orange markings on her face, white rings around her ears, teal stripes on her tail and back, green tiger stripes on her wings, and a blue underbelly. She had told us her best friend and one of her two daughters were kidnapped by the humans of the island. She had told us of their cruel "dragon games" in which they force dragons to either breed or fight to the death for entertainment. Her eldest daughter Moon spoke up. Moon was light grey with a large splotchy white stripe going from the base of her neck to her tail and darker grey spots on her head legs and the top of her wings. 

"mother why don't we ask for them to help us get them back"

"My dear no one can get them out without being captured themselves"

Because I could not fully understand what they were saying I had Tyr translate their words to me.

"we will help you no matter what the cost"

"why would you do that"

"because we're to stubborn to just let someone suffer at the hands of those disgusting Vikings"

"you are a Viking are you not?"

"no I have renounced my name as a shield maiden in order to dedicate myself to the safety of the nest"

"the nest?"

"yes it is a safe haven for all humans and dragons who wish to live in harmony, once we save your friend and daughter you can all come with us"

"that sounds wondrous"

"Tyr, Chusi, and I will sneak through after dark to where they are being held"

"I will guide you to the cages"

"I want to come too" Moon spoke

"you can not"

"Why"

"because if something bad happens I don't want to lose you too, you will stay here with Astrid's friend Battle-Axe"

"but-"

"Am I clear Moon"

"yes mother"

"alright then what's the plan" 

________________________________________________

A special thank you to TheBlackWerewolf for giving me characters for the next couple of chapters. I hope more of you enter the character contest. If you have a character message me and I will look at it. Good luck!