thirteen

Luke's POV

No one had left my house since they arrived earlier, the police had been and gone but there was now watch on the house. Michael didn't think it would be effective completely but it helped to ease our minds a little bit.

Jack had been on the phone to his girlfriend for the past half an hour or so, he'd had to let her know about the situation because she arrived home and he wasn't there; obviously she was worried. I felt bad that he wasn't going home to her because he was worried about leaving me but she was safer away from all of us.

Michael and Calum were just cuddling on the couch, enjoying the time with each other since Calum thought Michael was dead and Michael had obviously been worried about the brunette during his time with The Smiler.

However, all three had kind of left me to just sit on the couch by myself which I didn't normally find a problem but I was very on edge given the situation and I was just letting the thoughts run around my head.

The Smiler was after me for whatever twisted reason behind it and it made me feel sick because this guy had murdered multiple people, including my parents. He'd tried to kill my brother and threatened to kill my best friends all in the attempt to get me and everything about that was anything but pleasant.

What made it worse was that I had a slim chance of him getting caught before he reached me, he'd killed people under police watch and managed to escape without someone even seeing what he looked like.

The Smiler's only slip up was that he let Michael and my brother get away from him and that wasn't reassuring.

However, Michael thankfully seemed to notice my quiet and zone-out state and decided to distract me from it.

"Luke, you alright?" Michael asked and I turned to look at him before shaking my head. Smiling sympathetically, he then motioned me over to him so that the three of us could hug, despite how awkward it may be to do.

"I'm just upset and worried." I admitted and Calum was quick to somehow pull me in closer to him.

"It'll be fine, Luke, no one is going to let him get to you."

"No one has stopped him before and so it doesn't matter if you guys think you won't let him get to me." I said, pulling away from the pair of them because I was frustrated by the fact that everyone's words just felt like empty promises.

"Luke, come on, we know you're scared but don't push us away." Michael untangled himself from Calum and moved over to crouch down in from of me. "I know Ashton hasn't been stopped before but there is always a first for everything and so don't give up on the idea that we can stop him."

Sighing, I dropped my head down as I said, "I'm sorry, I just don't know what to do right now."

"And that's fine, but don't shut us out because we're worried about you too and we will do everything we can to look out for you."

Smiling, I wrapped my arms around Michael's neck and whispered a 'thank you' into his ear, Calum soon joined us in the hug by placing one arm around my back and the other on Michael's.

"We'll be fine, Lu, don't worry." Calum said and I pulled away from Michael to smile at him before giving him a separate hug.

"Thank you guys, you have no idea how much I appreciate you."

"It's no worries, we're your best friends and we'll do anything to protect you because you'd do the same for us in the situation and we love you." Michael then spoke.

"I love you guys too." I replied and smiled at the pair of them before they wrapped their arms around me again. It was nice to have people that cared about me like this and were willing to put themselves out there to protect me, not everyone had that and I was so lucky to.

Jack then decided to walk back into the room, he shot me a sympathetic smile as he entered before sitting down on the seat next to me.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm better now I am very aware we're all looking out for each other." I replied and Jack smiled properly this time.

"That we are, little bro." Jack said as he wrapped an arm over my shoulder, pulling me into a side-hug. "We're all here for each other no matter what and we're all going to be fine, The Smiler isn't going to get to you because we won't let it."

-------------

I'm going to try and make this book more interesting for you guys and I'm sorry I haven't done that yet, I'm trying my best with the motivation I have.

Anyway, please let me know what you think, thank you xx