10

Day four - 7:11pm

"This should be fun" Michael said as we walked onto the beach where the mini festival was being held. There were food and merch stalls all along the boardwalk and two stages, one on either end of the beach. It turned out the event was for over 18s only but they were only checking a few people's ID and luckily Luke and I got away with not being those people. It also meant that they were serving alcohol to anyone who got in since it was assumed they were the legal age.

"What should we do first?" Mia asked but the guys had already disappeared towards the bar. We followed them and Luke grasped my waist, pulling me closer to him as the crowd built around one of the several bars.

"You alright?" He whispered. I nodded and smiled up at him. The bartender placed two shot glasses and two beer bottles in front of us. Luke paid before turning to me. "Tequila?" He held out one of the shot glasses to me.

"You know me well" I said before we drank the contents.

"And also for the lady" He handed me one of the beer bottles.

"I love this shit"

"You love anything with tequila in it"

"True" I said, taking a sip of the tequila beer whilst Luke took a sip of his normal beer.

"We've lost the others already" He pointed out.

"Nope, I see a six foot, teal haired boy this way" I pulled him towards the rest of the group.

"Hey! We lost you" Mia said.

"We were stood right next to you" Luke told her.

"Oh. Never mind"

"Can we see the band down there? This is the punk rock stage apparently" Calum said.

"Maybe it'll make you guys more punk rock"

"We are punk rock"

"Keep telling yourself that" I said before following them down the beach.

9:43pm

"Hey, I got nachos. Wanna share?" I turned to see Luke stood beside me. I nodded and he hoisted himself onto the high stone wall that separated the sand and the pavement. I held the nachos as he got comfortable before placing them between us. "What's up? Why are you sat here by yourself?"

"Finally got some alone time"

"Oh. I ruined that, didn't I?"

"I've had a good 15 minutes. Besides guys kept eyeing me and it was making me uncomfortable"

"You having a good time?"

"Yeah, it's fun here" He just nodded.

"Aren't you cold?" The temperature has dipped since we got here.

"No, besides I've got your hoodie"

"I noticed" He glanced at the grey hoodie that had slipped off one shoulder. "Suits you"

"Thanks. Plus if you think I'm cold, Mia must be freezing"

"She's literally wearing nothing"

"Everything she has on is really thin but I still wish I could pull that outfit off"

"You could"

"I couldn't"

"Why not?"

"Because my style is simple. Mia's is daring and outgoing. I prefer to stick to the basics"

"Fair enough" He said. "Um, about yesterday" He paused.

"What about it?"

"It, um, I, uh" He stopped. "Can we do it again?"

"Swim? Sure"

"I didn't mean that part"

"I know"

"So, kiss?"

"Sure" I said before leaning forward to kiss him. It was slightly more heated than the last one but not much. "I can taste nachos" I mumbled against his lips. He chuckled, keeping our lips connected. I moved my arms so they were around his neck whilst his hands rested on my hips.

"Well, what do we have here?" We quickly pulled apart to see Mia stood in front of us.

"It's not what it looks like" I blurted out.

"You're kissing. It's exactly what it looks like. I thought you guys still weren't getting on that well?"

"You made us sleep together for two nights. Shit happens" Luke said. "Don't tell the guys. This remains between us three for now"

"That's fine with me. I'll get all the details from Maddie about this later but I need to know what's happening between you two"

"Um, nothing serious at the moment. I guess friends with benefits?" Luke questioned himself.

"Without the sex"

"So you're in like?"

"Um, yes?" I replied, not sure of the correct answer.

"Your mum and I always said this would happen" Mia told me before hugging me and running back to the others.

"That girl needs a chill pill" Luke said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Damn right" I said before continuing eating the nachos that remained.