Part 32

I managed to get that out of my head though, and enjoyed (somewhat) the rest of the trip. We were about to leave when I got a bad feeling about something.

Someone's following us.

I knew not to look back, but instead to get in a spot I could beat them if they were violent. But how could I do that with Lloyd and the others?

"Anyone hungry?" Cole asks the group as we went towards the exit.

"I, for one, would enjoy a pizza," Zane replies.

"As long as princess over here doesn't complain," Kai adds and points his thumb at me with a roll of his eyes.

I glare. "You remind me of a Russian doll."

He stops and looks back at me with confusion.

"Full of yourself," I walk past him.

"You know, if I wanted to kill myself I'd climb to your ego and jump to your IQ level."

Now it's my turn to stop and look back. "You're like school in July. No class."

"Oh my gosh! It spoke!"

"Oh sorry, was I supposed to be offended?"

"You must have been born on a highway-"

"Stop!" Lloyd shouts, standing in front of me while Cold holds back Kai.

"Can't you two try to get along for one day?" Cole asks. I roll my eyes and keep walking out while Kai fusses with Cole and Lloyd. Then I realize why I had a bad feeling earlier when something big moves in the shadows.