1_drop_of_rain - Personal Interview

She is calm and deep like a gentle wave of river. She is the newest member to join the group of MaNan authors but better then a lot of them. Within no time her words have won the hearts of many readers. She is...1_drop_of_rain!

1. Hi, can we know your name? (Age optional)

Rohini Karmakar. I am older than most of you but FOREVER 15 @ HEART.

2. Please tell us something about yourself like your hobbies, likes, dislikes and in general how are you as a person?

I am a species of my own.. extremely sensitive yet extremely fearless. I swing between poles, sometimes free flowing like water & sometimes stoic like a rock. I dabble in all things and they seamlessly blend in my life. I often do a votes/page hits analysis to see whether my writing PROCESS is improving, and with an equal ease, when I am giving a business presentation I site the examples of how I learn from my readers.

I come from a family of artists so anything creative draws me towards it, however my education makes me extremely methodical. So in between these two, I am surviving and thriving somewhere.

I like simple things like flowers, wind, clouds, rain, food, smiles, goodness. I like humming, I like photography, I like reading and I absolutely love writing.

But I wasn't always what I am now. I used to be a closed book. I still had a big heart, but I built a wall around it because I was scared of people tramping over it. With time, life has taught me to open up and not being afraid of doing so. I have spent way too long being sad, I want to be happy now, happy in my imperfect life. And I wish, I get my Manik someday :)

3. What does MaNan mean to you?

To me they symbolize hope. Like us, they are flawed. They both have walked out of darkness, they both had their own demons to fight, yet when they came together, each wanted to shine for the other and in the process they became 'light'. They give me hope that love can transform anything and anyone.

4. Your thoughts on Season 2 of KY2?

Its beyond me how someone can and should destroy something which is as close to perfection as you can get.

5. Will you write more MaNan stories?

Only when I have a story to tell. The one I am writing currently came straight from my heart, like a prayer was answered. If it happens again, I will most definitely write.

6. You update almost everyday. How do you manage it? And how much time do you spend on writing?

Don't even go there. I slip in and out of zombieland :).

During the day , I am a business analyst. That's one heck of a job. Then when i return home, I have my executive MBA course material to finish and then you know I have my almost daily updates. In between these three, I cook, clean, wash, tend to my plants, pay my bills, interact with my readers, click pictures.. and sleep :).

It takes me anywhere between 3 - 4 hours to pen down each chapter. Ideally I would have preferred to put in more time and effort but i just don't have any to spare. Sometimes I wish there were 30 hours in a day. This whole last week, I woke up at 3 am every single day to write till 6.30 am before getting ready for office. Sometimes I spend the entire weekend in front of my laptop :)