Chapter 19

Nina's p.o.v

I woke up and went straight to the bathroom.

" Wow I look like crap....."

I said. It was true. My brown hair was all over the place and I had bags under my eyes my usually tan skin was a little pale and I looked like I hadn't slept in days.

It's the mate bond! '

My cat Dianna said.

What are you talking about? '

I said confused.

' It's because your not with our mate your going to keep on getting worse! '

She said. I rolled my eyes.

' If that's true then how come Maria ended up just fine? '

I said. She growled in frustration.

Stupid human.... Maria's mate rejected her so the mate bond was weakened. You haven't chosen! You either have to accept or reject him! '

She stated. I sighed and rubbed my face.

" Damn it! "

I said. This bond was really starting to get to me. I knew I would get weaker and fail my job as beta if I didn't decide soon but I needed more time. I really want to forgive him but every time I think about it I start to think about all the shit he put me through in high school.

My human side wants to hate him but my animal side wants to love him....

I shake my head and jump in the shower. The warm water relaxes my mussels. 

When I get out I put on a pair of shorts and a t- shirt and walk to Maria's room. I knock on the door. 

" Come in!"

She says. I walk in and she is sitting on her bed.

" Yeah?"

She ask. I sigh and jump on the bed.

" I need to talk to you....." 

I stated. She nods her head.

" What do I do?"

I ask. She shakes her head.

" I honestly don't know.I have been thinking about my mate too. At training he basically begged me to talk to him. I didn't know what to do so I told him I needed space and to let us keep things on a business level until I am ready to talk to him...."

She said.

" Your brother kissed me..."

I stated. She jumped up at this.

" WHAT!?"

She yelled.

" Calm down."

I said. 

" When?!"

She asked.

" Last night he said we needed to talk and when I said no he walked up and kissed me but when I started to kiss back he pulled away and told me we would eventually have to talk...."

I said. 

" Wow...."

Was all she could say. I nodded my head in agreement.

" Do you think things would have been easier if we were wolves?"

I ask. She scrunches up her eyebrows.

" I don't know but I will tell you one thing. I love being a cat."

She said. I shook my head and smiled.

" Would you be upset if I accepted him?"

I asked. She shot up.

" No. Why would you think that?"

She asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

" You haven't forgiven them and I am your best friend I would kind of feel like I am betraying you after all the things we have been through. I mean we ran away from these people and started this whole pack from scratch together I would feel bad that after all of this I went back to the people that caused us pain...."

I said. She looked in deep thought then said.

" Fate put you two together for a reason."

I nodded my head then said

" what if fate made a mistake?"

She shook her head and chuckled.

" I'm am 99.9% sure fate doesn't make mistakes."

I nodded my head.

" If you are that sure then why are you not talking to your mate? After all like you said fate never makes mistakes."

She looked at me and narrowed her eyes. I just smiled sweetly. She shook her head and moved so she was laying on her stomach.

" I don't know. I mean he said all that crap to me and threatened my life. Can I really trust him again?"

She asked. I shook my head. I already knew my answer about my mate but this girl needs a little more pushing. I smiled and said.

" Did I ever tell you about what happened after you passed out in the hallway at school after Kristy beat you?"

I said. She sighed and said

" Which time?"

I chuckled and she just glared at me.

" The day before we left."

She shook her head no. 

How did I not tell her this?

I thought.

" Well after you passed out Xavier helped me. You were bleeding and not moving. When he saw you his face paled and I could see regret,worry,pain,anger,and a hint of love. I think the anger part was directed at Kristy though. Anyway at first I didn't know why he felt that way so I let it go he then picked you up and drove me and you to the pack doctor. He made sure the pack doctor took care of you then left. The point of this story is that if he rejected you and felt those emotions imagine how he feels now. Remember he is a grown man now and he probably regrets his choice. I am not saying that you have to get up now and go over to him and mate but think about your choice. He obviously feels bad and wants to make it up to you."

I said getting up.

" Where are you going?"

She ask me. I sighed and said

" To talk to my mate I think I made my decision on what I am going to do to."

I said walking out of her door.

Picture is Nina's Cat

So what do you think Nina is going to do? And what about Maria? Well I will update later again I just wanted to say thanks for getting me over 300 votes! You guys rock! I am really glad you are enjoying the story! Well that's all I have to say.Thanks comment and vote!