You Are My Home

GENRE: Romance/Angst, suitable for 15+ due to language and situations

Roberta is an addict who has a dark history involving abuse. When she meets Josh it sets into motion things that she is unprepared for, namely love. Unbeknownst to her Josh has awoken something within her that she didn't think she was capable of but when her walls come tumbling down she makes some devastating decisions that affect them both. Will she be able to find her way back home to the love that Josh has offered her?

Chapter 1

I'm making dinner for us when he comes in. I try to cook early because he never eats at school. He immediately walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, kissing me softly along my neck. My breathing hitches at his gentle touch.

"How did things go today?" he whispers, his stubble tickling me and sending shivers across my skin.

"It went well. And you... how was your day?" I ask softly, trying to maintain my poker face.

"Um. It was interesting," he says leaning back against the counter.

"Can you set the table? Dinner is almost ready?"

He doesn't say anything for a minute, "Sure. Is everything alright?"

"Of course. I told you before, you worry too much."

He watches me for a moment and then proceeds to set the table. I feel his eyes on me even though I'm not looking at him. I can feel his concern. He knows something isn't right but I don't think he comprehends just how wrong it really is. As we sit down to eat I try to wrap my head around what it is I'm doing, not a 100% sure I can actually follow through with my plan.

"I saw my dad today," he says as I move the food around my plate.

I nod, not looking up at him, "For what?" I say to my food.

"I asked how I could get access to my trust," he says softly. I'm sure he is waiting for my argument but it doesn't come. I'm not going to fight with him. "He said he would see what he can do. I just thought it would be good to find out. You know, just in case."

I sigh. "It's not necessary. You don't need to worry about taking care of me anymore."

"They hired you back?"

"Baby, can we not talk about it right now," I say as I put my fork down, suddenly not very hungry at all. "I don't feel good. I think I am going to lie down," I say as I get up from the table, setting my plate on the counter.

I walk into the bedroom, taking my jeans off as I lay on the bed. I need to gather my thoughts together. He walks in a few minutes later and pulls his shirt off then slips into the bed behind me. He doesn't say anything; he just pulls me into his arms, breathing softly into my hair. I can feel tears in my eyes and I know I need to tread carefully here.

"Is everything alright?" he asks concerned.

"It will be," I mumble to myself.

"Josh?" I swallow hard, "You know that I love you right?"

"Of course." His voice is somewhat shaky, making me nervous.

"So you know there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I just wanted to make sure that no matter what happens you know that I have loved you from the day we met. No one has ever cared about me the way you have. No one has ever loved me the way you have. I was nothing without you and I will be nothing if we are ever to part," I say fighting back the tears.