Half Man Half Monster

It's another gloomy day at West Ham Asylum

It's another gloomy day at West Ham Asylum. Majority of patients have been getting more depressed as the days get darker, but Jill told me that it was likely to happen. The only two patients who seem to act as their normal selves are Dan and Phil.

The two best friends stood by each other's side when I wasn't with Dan. Dan always helped out Phil, it was obvious Dan saw Phil as a younger brother although Phil is actually older than him. Whenever a patient came too close to Phil, Dan would always stand in front of him or he'll tell Phil they should talk somewhere else.

To my surprise, Dan didn't seem as upset as I thought he would. He always has an angry expression plastered on his face if it wasn't a smirk, so I was pretty used to it.

"Well m'lady, how are we on this depressing day?" Dan whispers in my ear, as his body stands behind me.

I place water down on a table, and stand back up. I can almost feel his body against mine.

"Busy, Dan," I reassure him, and move my self at a distance.

"Clearly," he scoffs at me.

I shake my head at him, "Dan, go sit down and do something productive rather than teasing me."

"Sadly, I have to bug you dear," Dan sighs, leaning back on the chair right by him.

"Why's that?" My brow raises.

He points out to me, motioning me to come closer to him with his index finger. This time I don't question him; I walk my way to him, only letting myself know about the feeling of anxiousness growing in the pit of my stomach. I place myself down on the chair across from him, but bringing my body forward to hear his whisper.

He places his lips close to my ear, allowing my skin to feel his warm breath. His eyes looked around the room, observing everyone's actions in the room.

"I need your help to release me from this hell hole," his voice grows cold, husky almost.

I let out a light giggle, "nice try, but no."

"Oh honey, I don't think I'm giving you a choice here. You're going to get me out of here whether you want to or not," he growls under his breath, gripping my arm.

I gulp, "and if I don't?"

"Then consider everyone you know, and love dead. Your body will turn into my own personal pin board, your screams will be so devastating, they'll make everyone know I own you," he voice grows colder than the temperature of the room.

My eyes widen from his response, my jaw dropping at the words the came out of his own mouth. I've seen Dan at his worst most times, but never like this. His stare is burning through me, the tension between us is stiff.

"Yeah... You're serious..." I gulp.

"You see how scary I could be?" His brow lifts as he folds his arms.

I nod, making sure not to break the eye contact between Dan and I. A big part of me regrets ignoring Joey, I should of quit when I had the chance.

"If we do this the right, and reasonable way, then no one gets hurt plus angry Dan won't appear, understand me?" He ends his sentence gritting his teeth.

"Yes."

"Good, now I need you to talk to a friend of mine outside this building and I need her number, got it?" He whispers.

I nod my head, not speaking a word.

"She lives at least ten minutes away from here, she works at a bar at night and a bakery in the morning-"

"What's her name?" I dangerous cut him off.

"Aliyah Coleman."

I knot twisted in my stomach. That name sounded so familiar, I couldn't put my finger on it but I'm sure I know her or at least heard her name somewhere.

"Okay."

"Just know because I'm getting out, I'm bringing Phil with us," Dan says then looks back at Phil.

"Dan, you can't. Phil needs to stay here he needs to be looked after," I say.

"I don't care! I can look after him myself okay? I'm not leaving him behind, I'll figure it out once were far away from here," he sighs, looking down.

"What do I get in return?" I lay back, rubbing my temple. I wander my eyes at Dan's careless guards as they watch the tv screen rather than guarding their own patient.

"I'll figure that out too, but your name will be cleared I can promise you that, deal?" He puts out his hand for me to shake.

"Do I really have a choice?" I sigh, shaking his hand. "Deal, Howell."

"You won't regret it," he says as he stands up from his chair, smirking. He walks away, finding himself next to Phil.

"I already am."