fourty two

this is all in sabrinas pov, it's kinda so you get an inside scoop into her life and stuff 💖

i shook my head, reading the texts over. shes so naive it makes me want to throw up. if im being honest, i think her whole relationship with justin is going to be one big ephemeral.

sighing, i released my phone from my hands tight grip and made my way over to my apartments door, swinging it open so dylan can come in when he arrives.

i looked over to my laptop, shrugging i plugged it into my speakers and began blasting 'switch sider' by ella mai.

i sang along, swaying side to side as i turned up the volume.

"you know, the more i listen to you sing the more i realise you're actually better than soraya" i hear a voice come from behind me

"yeah but she's prettier, and that matters a lot in the industry" i chuckled

"she's really not, i mean look at that. im not trying to hit on you but that's hot" he says, showing the photo on his phone.

"eh, but no one really makes it big if you're black, especially if you're a woman" i shrugged, brushing the thought off

i seriously have no desire to be on some children's show, i have a future set for me.

i want to show the people who told me i can't do it wrong, my skin colour doesn't make up who i am, though it is a big part of me. i need to show people that black women are just as capable as whites.

"have you gotten the letter yet?" he asked, changing the subject.

"nah, but hopefully it'll come soon. i don't think i can sit here without knowing for much longer" i turned the music off and closed my laptop, turning to face dylan.

"mm, im sure it will. wanna go somewhere" he smiled brightly, gesturing towards the door.

"sure, lemme grab my bag" i ran over to my living room and picked up the hand-me-down black givenchy bag i was given from my aunt.

"any idea as to where you feel like heading?" he closed the door behind us and lead the way towards the elevator.

"uh, we can go to urth and then do something from there?" he nodded in agreement and continued to walk to his car

"alright, jump in then" he opened my door for me and lightly pushed me inside, earning a glare from me, which only made him laugh.

"would it bad if i check her Twitter?" i asked, referring to soraya.

"nah, go ahead. im curious myself" i pursed my lips and clicked onto her profile.

@sorayacoleman; if your friends don't support you, they're not real.