My coming out story

By GeekCharming17

~

So being Gay was kind of looked on like it was a bad thing. I knew since I was little, but I was way in denial about it.

My mom grew up with very religious parents, so when anybody mentioned gay around them they would turn very homophobic.

The first movie I had a strong connection with was Mulan, because well Mulan knew by going into the army she would be breaking a lot of rules to be happy. Kind of like how I knew something was different about me that I was afraid of.

When I was three my mother noticed I wasn't like the other kids. I would listen to N*SYNC when I was bored, and instead of playing with G.I. Joes I played with Barbies. I would always have to pick out a certain fashion pattern for my Barbies.

Well they were more of my sisters Barbies, but that's not the point.

Also when I was little my sister had the Barbie Limo, and I ran over one of the Barbies, and I would have my own little game of CSI.

Eventually I became a teenager, and let's just say when you start to have crushes. None of my crushes were girls, but I wanted to deny that I was gay. I did a pretty great job of staying in the closet. Until I told myself.

"You need to just admit your gay, and get it over with"

Well instead of listening to the better part of my brain telling me.

"THIS ISN'T RIGHT! Hiding yourself"

I just kept it a secret.

Well freshman year of High school rolled around, and I decided I would date my best friend. She was my best friend since kindergarten. We still are besties to this day.

Well eventually I thought I would just be miserable for the rest of my life, until I kissed her.

There was no spark I hated it 100%.

Well I broke up with her a month later, and she was extremely pissed. She wanted to know if she did something wrong. I told her No, and that it was just complicated.

By now I had finally accepted the fact that I was gay.

One night me, and my cousin were hanging out, and I remember just telling in a regular conversation.

"Dude did you know I'm gay"

And his response was....

"Okay"

Just Okay. I asked him.

"Are you okay with this information? It may need some time to sink in"

And he said.

"No I get it you like guys"

And oh my God did I feel great after that. I had a cousin who greatly supported me, and refused to give up on me. Well I had one person down now my whole family was next.

I told my other best friend Destiny that I kind of had a secret.

She said.

"Oh My God did you kill someone?"

"No, but I just am afraid of what you'll think of me"

"What's wrong?"

"I have a crush"

"Awe who's the lucky girl?"

"Des.......it's not a girl"

"David are you Gay? Do you like boys, because it's okay"