Chapter 6 The Coming

My phone rings. I pick it up. I swipe. It's Oscar, and he says, "What the heck are you doing in your life? Man!"

I let him drop more.

" I got  my presentation next week !"

"Okay?"

"What?" he roars. "You don't care? OK. OK. You have to care buddy. That I'll have it—because you're my classmate dude! And it's done by  group ...OK?"

"Oh."

"Byyyytheeeeway dude Julia is coming tom," he says. And I want him to speak more of that. But all of a sudden, or let me say as usual, not caring for my sake, his voice drops dead.

I know. He knows that when he speaks of Julia, I could be listening all night long or even it means forever; well that's the only word in Almanac that keeps me asking him with "what and then more," and so forth and so on.

 Of all the students, Oscar is the greatest and none other than a gifted psychologist. He's the only who knew before anyone else. He has dropped the call for me to call him, but I manage not to. I end up myself floating in the air of unforgettable money-cannot-buy memories.  

I drop my phone on my bed, and there beside it sets the whole bunch of Julias and my craziness to her. I mean  pictures of her. In the beach. In her prom. During her speech. And so much to mention.

And on one of the pictures Oscar is there. Oscar is a winner and a great joiner.

Julia is coming. I breathe like I'm diving a thousand feet below sea level. I can feel everything—the change of beat and the energy thing running in my spine. I want to shout, but I won't do a thing that could wake all my strict neighbors up and call 911.

I crawl out of my bed and jump to my slippers, and I shout quietly to myself, though awkward. It's more of excitement because that's the way granny did when very excited and I got it from her. 

I return to the study, pull out the bed-sheet from under, and drop on the bed after I buried my face on Julia's collaged pictures, which I have downloaded from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And it's a top-secret no one should know.

Julia is coming.