Chapter 27~~Just Go Away

Bella's POV

Sam and I spent all night and most of the morning taking care of the babies. We decided to let Aria and Ricky sleep because they went through so much last night. They deserve one night off from tending to the triplets. 

Over the past couple days, I had noticed that every house on my street had christmas lights hung up except for me. So I had ordered some simple christmas lights about 3 days ago so I could decorate the outside of my house. They were coming in the mail today and I was super excited to get started. I haven't hung up christmas lights since I was 10 years old.

I skipped down the steps and saw that Sam was sleeping on the couch next to the babies in their cribs who were also sleeping. I giggled at the sight and kissed Sam's cheek. I heard the mail truck outside so I grabbed a granola bar and took off out the door.

I signed my signature on his notepad and then he handed me my boxes. He helped me set them down in my garage and then he drove down the street to the next house. And right when he drove off, another car pulled in.

Once I saw who it was, I wanted to dash back into my house but he had already seen me. He got out of his car and walked towards me.

"You need any help with that?" he asked.

"Um, no thanks. I'm good." I shrugged, not daring to look him in the eye.

"Bella, c'mon. You don't need to be scared of me."

"Who said I was scared of you?" I asked.

"You tremble everytime you see me. Bella, I was your boyfriend for God's sake. Don't you trust me?" 

"I don't wanna trust someone who kisses me on my doorstep when there is a crisis going on inside!" I explained.

"Look, I'm sorry about that but I just needed to know."

"You're not sorry! You're mad at me for breaking your little heart and now you want Sam and I to break up. But news flash, Jc! We're never breaking up!"

"You don't know that." he argued. "You told me in Texas that you wish you would've met me instead of Sam because I never hurt you. Bella, I know you don't lie when it comes to things like that."

I wanted to say I wasn't thinking straight that day but I was. I'm not gonna lie and say that I didn't say that because I know I did and even he knows I'm not a liar. But things have changed and I wouldn't ever wanna trade Sam for anyone.

"That was in the past, Jc. Start living in the present." 

"Bella, all I see if the future and I wanna see you in my future as my girlfriend. I know you still love me and you'd come running back to me if Sam hurt you one more time. So please just take the easy way out and come back to me."

"You don't understand. There is no easy way out! No matter what I do, someone always gets hurt." I said, about to start crying because everything was somewhat true. "Just go away!"

"Bella, please--"

"No! Just leave me alone!" I yelled and when he tried to grab my hand, I pushed him away and ran inside.

I ran up to my room and jumped onto my bed and landed on my belly. I hid my face in my hands and cried my heart out. I thought that by breaking up with Jc, everything would go back to normal and I'd have a perfect life but I guess that theory went down the drain.

Sam must've heard me crying because while my face was planted in my hands as I was crying, I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he kept on kissing my forehead. It was so soothing, especially once he started rocking me back and forth.