The Thunder is coming!The Thunder is coming!

JEAN'S POV 

"You asked for it," Quil said. "Truth or Dare. . . Embry." 

"Erm-" He squirmed uncomfortably. "Truth?" 

"Alright then, tell us who you like." 

"No one." 

"Embry, you're such a bad liar." Jean grinned at him. 

"I'm not lying." He insisted. 

"This can be easy. . . or this can be hard." Quil said flexing his muscles. 

"Fine- I guess I like Jamie from last year's biology class." 

"Ha, knew it!" The group chimed in. 

"Whatever, truth or dare. . . Jacob." 

"Dare." He smirked, testily. 

"Eat atleast two jalepenos off the nacho plate." 

All heads turned towards the plate of nachos that had long since been empty- except the deathly hot jalepeno peppers. Jean only added them for flavor- not for dares that could easily burn your tongue off. He reached toward one slice, and lifted it to his mouth- 

"Oh, don't!" She said yanking his hand away. 

"It's a dare, he has to." Embry said, grinning smugly. 

"Honestly," She murmured before sitting back once more. He dropped it in his mouth and swallowed it hole, along with two others. He coughed a little, but besides that did fine. She shook her head in disaprooval. 

"Alright, Jake, go ahead." 

"Sure, sure," He said waving a hand in Jared's direction. "Truth or dare. . ." 

And the game went on, playing with a group of boys was just as how you thought it'd be- stupid dare, after stupid dare. Occasionally a truth for the wimps, though. Eventually it went back to Quil, who turned his head in the direction of her and Jacob- not good. 

"Jean," He began smugly. "Truth or Dare?" 

"Dare." She said confidently. 

"And you're sure I can't ask you what underwear your wearing?" 

"Why are you so interested?" 

"Er-" There was a loud outburst from everyone else and his cheeks tinted mildly. 
"Fine, I dare you and Jacob to ki-" But a sharp nudge was aimed at his ribs. His face didn't screw up in pain like it should've, but the point got across. "Kick. I dare you to kick Jacob." 

"Sure," She rolled her eyes and got up and kicked his shin lightly. "Ooh, so daring am I." She said sarcastically. 

"It didn't hurt." 

"It wasn't supposed to." She shrugged. She knew exactly what he was going to say, kiss- it was quite obvious and they obviously didn't give her nearly enough credit as to how smart she was. "What time is it?" 

"It's. . ." Paul trailed off. "About seven fourty-five." 

"Oh." She said a bit hesitantly and she looked at the ground, took a deep breath, then back up at Jacob to smile weakly. 

"Why?" Jared asked suspiciously. 

"Can't a girl ask the time?" She asked, but humorously. "I'm going to change." She announced before crawling over to her bag and dragging it on her lap. She rifled through the duffle bag in search of some pajamas, then she crossed the hall to the bathroom. 

JACOB'S POV 

"You idiot!" Jared yelled as soon as Jean left, smacking Quil upside the head. 

"What now?" He demanded, rubbing the spot he was slapped. 

"Oh, Jean- I dare you and Jacob to kiss!" Embry said in a poor imitation of Quil's voice. "No big deal, whoop-dee-doo! Do you know how horrible that'd be??" 

"Apparently not, why?" 

"'You're so oblivious," Paul said. 

"And you're not?" 
"Not the point." 

"Whatever. So enlighten me." 

"Jacob and Jean would go all imprint-lovey-dovey on us, and they'd go all insane. We'd like to spend some time with her before Jacob steals her away from us!" Jared joked. 

"Oh, right." Quil said dumbly, as Jean came back. 

Jacob's head snapped up in her direction. She was wearing a pair of thin, Blue and white checked pajama booty shorts and a grey top with a cartooned animation on it. Her hair was pulled in two pigtails at her shoulders. It took him all he had not to drool and then regain composure to scoop her up and kiss her like no one's kissed before. Stop Jacob! Wrong! Bad! A no-no! 

This would be harder than he thought. 

JEAN'S POV 

She stuffed her bundle of clothes back into her bag and plopped back down next to Jacob. He was staring once more, but a respectful way, and at her face- not anything else. She cracked a smile at him and turned to the others. 

"So, what do we do now?" She asked. 

"This." Jared said. 

"Well, what do you guys do for fun around here?" 

"The beach, bonfires, eating, cliff-diving-" Paul said 

"Cliff-diving?!?!" She exclaimed incredulously. 

"Well, yeah, when's it's nicer out." Embry said. 

"Jumping off the giant cliffs like down at the beach?" 

"Yep," Quil shrugged. 

"You five are insane. I leave for seven years and you take up crazy activities like 
cliff-diving." 

"We missed you!" Embry said crawling over and hugging her once more. 

"Sure you did, cause I'm all that great." 
"If only you knew," Quil smirked. 

"What do you mean?" She asked, not hiding the fact that she actually noticed. 

"Er- nothing." 

"Tell me. Ever since I got here, you've all been in on something that I don't know. Spit it out." 

"Fine, so your smarter than we thought. But we can't tell you." Embry confessed. 

"Why not? We're flesh and blood man." She said, stretching the 'a' in man and sounding rather like a hippy. 

"That's something I'm afraid of." He said darkly. 

JACOB'S POV 

He never even thought of that. Not in the slightest, tiniest, teensiest bit. Jean, becoming a werewolf. She was after all 'flesh and blood' to the Embry Call- part human, part werewolf. He wouldn't ask to give her that kind of pain, torture. Burning up on the inside and out, visibly thrashing around to the transformations of genes and bones. Not fun to go through or watch. . . 

Especially if it would be her that he had to watch. Of course, he'd stay by her side until the end- if it happened- but it would be hard to endure. It would be pretty cool though, then she'd be in on the secret. On the up side atleast. But that's not what was to be focussed on. Her eyes changed from curious to alarmed. 

"What's going on? What do you mean?" She asked quickly. 

"Nothing that really concerns you at the moment. We'll tell you soon." 
"Tell me now." 

"We can't." 

"You can." 

"We cannot." 

"You can-" 

"Not." 

"Embry!" 
"Jean!" 

"Uggh!" She huffed crossing her arms. "Fine, how about we make a deal?" 
"That depends on what the deal is." Embry bargained. 

"Okay, you tell me when it gets out of hand, when it does concern me. If something happens or when someone's in danger." 

"You got it." He said, rather relieved. 

It was really pretty amazing how much they could be alike, how in key they were. Their hair and skin tone were exactly the same. They're features such as they jaw and cheekbones were both prominent, only his much bigger. If you got to know them, like the pack had, you could really see the differences and major similarities. 

"Don't worry, Jean. It's nothing too big." Jacob said slinging an arm around her shoulders, she attempted to shrug it off. 

"I don't believe you," She huffed. That hurt, only a little, he had to do anything to make her happy. It was like a need, something he couldn't live without doing. 

"Jean, just drop it." 

"I can't. Sure I've been gone for seven years, but you're my best friends- and you're all hiding something from me." 

"You'll find out soon enough." Jacob said. 

"Yeah, too soon." Embry muttered, she glared at him breifly. 

"Fine, let's do something." She said. 

"Like what?" 

"Remember those stories. . . that Billy used to tell us?" 

"The legends?" Embry gulped. 

"Yeah, those ones! Do you guys remember them? Jacob?" She turned to him with her big, blue eyes. He tried to control his breathing and heart rate- but he couldn't resist. He did know them as well as Billy, too. 

"Well," He began. 

"Jake- no!" Jared said, relating to the feeling. 

But he went on to tell them anyway. He told every one of the ones he knew, which were all of them. By the time, he was finished it was nearly past eight and rain was falling hard. It made the whole scene more eerie. By the end of the fourth or fifth story, Jean had fallen asleep on his shoulder. He stared down into her face, so peaceful. 

"You just couldn't resist." Embry said stuffing his face into his hands. 

"She was barely paying attention, she won't figure it out." 

"It'll dawn on her, she'll get it one way or another. Right guys?" 

"I actually have to go with Jake on this one, there's no way she'll get it from those stories unless one of us goes over to her and says, 'Hey, guess what? I'm a werewolf'. Trust me." Quil said. 

Eventually the pack settled in their sleeping bags and Jacob carried her over to the one right next to his own bed. He layed her on it softly and tucked her in with a spare fleece blanket. She smiled in her sleep, and she couldn't have looked more cute. He threw himself in his bed, yanking back the covers and throwing them over himself lazily. 

He looked back at the clock, nearing 8:30. Thunder should be starting up soon, and he grinned at the thoughts, lulling himself to a short sleep, memories and times of today flooding back to him. . . 

Jean's pjs: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=27714625