- Chapter One - Michael Clifford

Note: If you're new to reading this, hi! I hope you like this story. If you're interested, there's a sequel to this book that's currently on going. The sequel is definitely an improvement in my opinion.

WARNING: This story has mentions of self harm. If you are offended or triggered by this, please either skip the parts where it's mentioned, or don't read the story at all.

Thank you.

- Em.
··
What happens when you take a girl who is eighteen, has green eyes, dark brown hair that's always in a messy bun, and has bangs? Well, you get me, the girl who is just about to finish up her last year of high school.

Thank God. This school is full of annoying people. Well, most of it. It's like the typical, cliche thing you'd see in a movie. The different groups, that is. There is a decent amount of the average, but then, there's the weird ones. The nerds. The girly, flirtatious, selfie freaks. The shy, sweet, and smiley type, which I tend to hang out with the most, even if it's only a few of them, they're still nice to me. So, yes, this school has given me a lot of strange memories mixed with good ones, but mostly strange.

But, then there's this one person who never has, and I don't think ever will be apart of a group, never will be friends with anyone, never be social at all.

That boy wears dark clothes, has hair that's styled with a fringe that covers his face partly, green eyes, pale skin, and red lips. Michael Clifford.

He is always hiding away in the shadows, staying in the corners. Never, and I mean never, have I ever seen that boy pull a smile. I've also never heard him talk.

All this time, since freshmen year, I've never seen his face change to even a hint of happiness. Makes me wonder if he suffers from severe depression.
He's clearly very anti social, and refuses to speak. He absolutely refuses to open his mouth. It would be nice to hear his voice, though. He is pretty cute. Even if he's basically emo as hell. I don't know what it is, but there's just something about him that makes me like him in someway. Even if I've never even talked to him, seen him smile, or heard his voice.

But, for now, I'll focus on the conversation a friend of mine is telling me.

"Ooh! And then we can make it a party for all the seniors, you know, to celebrate us graduating." she chirps.

I sigh, the idea of throwing a party for us seniors a party draining me. "It's a good idea, Sara, but I don't think my house can fit all of us."

"Not your house, Mikayla." she giggles.

"We could have it in the gym after graduation next Monday."

The idea makes me raise an eyebrow in amusement. It sounds like a good, reasonable plan, considering we'll be able to have lots of room to set up tables and have a dance floor, and if Sara is so dedicated, a DJ. It really does sound fun. Fun for everyone, except one person. . maybe. Michael. I can just tell this wouldn't be his scene. Loud music, people getting crazy and hyper as they dance their hearts out. But, it's worth a shot.

"Okay, but, we have to invite all the seniors." I tell her, hoping she'll pick up on the hint that we even have to invite Michael, even if he doesn't stay.

"I know." she responds, obviously not understanding what I'm getting at.

"Sara, I mean all the seniors. Including Michael Clifford."

Her head rolls back as she sulks. "Ugh, Mikayla, it's not like he will even stay!"

"And? Even so, it's the nice thing to do." I tell her, reminding her that we are nice people who remember to include everyone.